Treatment for patients with Myelofibrosis who need a Stem Cell Transplant

What we are studying

The purpose of this study is to find out if adding the study drug Ruxolitinib (INC424) to a combination of other chemotherapeutic drugs (Fludarabine and Busulfan) before removing your bone marrow, treating it for your disease, and then returning it to your body from a donor (bone marrow transplantation) will be successful in people who have advanced primary myelofibrosis (PMF), post-polycythemia vera myelofibrosis (PPV-MF) or post-essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis (PET-MF), collectively known as myelofibrosis (MF). MF is a disorder in which bone marrow tissue develops in abnormal sites because the bone marrow itself undergoes fibrosis or scarring. This study plans to add the drug Ruxolitinib to further aid in reducing pre-transplant spleen size, improve physical performance levels and reduce adverse events (side effects) related to the transplant. Ruxolitinib is a drug that is approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of patients with advanced forms of myelofibrosis. Using Ruxolitinib prior to stem cell transplantation is experimental.

Who we are studying

  • Men and Women
  • Races:
    • White
    • African American
    • Asian
    • American Indian or Alaska Native
    • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
    • Other
  • All Ethnicities
  • Ages 18+

Eligibility Criteria

  • Diagnosis of a blood disorder called myelofibrosis (MF) or myelofibrosis following polycythemia vera (PV) or following essential thrombocythemia (ET)
  • Need a stem cell transplant

What is involved

  • 1 Screening visit
  • Chemotherapy treatment for 62 days before receiving transplant
  • After transplant you will be seen regularly in the clinic



Contact Information

Study Coordinator
Vicki Lagerwey

Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, evaluation or care from your physician or other qualified health care provider.