What we are studying
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the investigational drug PRN1371. An investigational drug is one that has not been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration. PRN1371 is a FGFR1-4 Kinase Inhibitor (fibroblast growth factor receptor that possess enzymatic activity as kinases), and is intended to inhibit tumor growth in some tumor types.
The main purpose of this study is to:
• test the safety and tolerability of PRN1371 in patients with advanced solid tumors;
• to determine the best tolerated dose of PRN1371.
Other goals of this study are to:
• test how PRN1371 is processed by the body;
• evaluate the clinical activity of PRN1371 in a smaller group of patients whose tumors have a FGFR1, 2, 3 or 4 genetic alterations;
• assess the effect PRN1371 has on tumor size with CT or MRI scans;
• test how a moderate fat meal affects the way the body processes PRN1371;
• assess how particular mutations and the effectiveness and availability of PRN1371 are all related.