What we are studying
The purpose of this research study is to learn about the effects of the study drug, PF-06840003, and to find the best dose for treating patients with cancer
PF-068400003 is a new investigational drug. A new investigational drug is one that is currently not approved for sale in this country. PF-06840003 is a type of therapy called an IDO1 inhibitor. Indoleamine-pyrrole 2,3 dioxygenase, or IDO1, is an enzyme that is encoded by the IDO1 gene. It has been shown that IDO1 allows tumor cells to escape from your immune system which allows the tumor cells to remain in your body and grow. The study will see if PF-06840003 is able to change the ways that your tumor cells escape from your immune system.
This study will attempt to answer the following questions:
• What is the optimal dose of PF-06840003 in patients with gliomas?
• What side effects occur when PF-06840003 is given?
• How serious are the side effects and how long do they last?
• How long after PF-06840003 is taken does it remain in your body? (This type of research is called pharmacokinetics).
• Is the treatment with PF-06840003 effective in shrinking tumors?