BestHealthSM, the community wellness outreach program of Wake Forest Baptist Health, offers health seminars, screenings and events to help you live a healthier life and stay on top of the latest advances in medicine. Classes are held at various locations in the community.
View our list of seminars, screenings and cooking classes.
- Seasonal Cooking, Saturday, January 10, 1 pm. Register now.
- Heart Disease: The Nation's Number One Killer, Thursday, January 15, Noon. Register now.
- New Year, New You!, Wednesday, January 21, 5 pm. Register now.
- Women and Stroke, Thursday, January 29, 11 am. Register now.
Are Chef Dianne Blancato will show you how to make healthy dishes using seasonal produce. Register now.
Heart Disease: Nation's Number One Killer
Wake Forest Baptist Health cardiologist Dr. Matthew Belford explains the signs of heart disease, ways to prevent heart problems, and latest treatments for heart patients. Register now.
Women and Stroke
Stroke kills twice as many women yearly as breast cancer does. Women may have unique stroke symptoms that are different from men's. Learn from Wake Forest Baptist Health neurologist Dr. Cheryl Bushnell the signs, symptoms and outcomes of stroke in women and the importance of acting "F.A.S.T." Register now.
New Year, New You!
Are you exercising regularly and maintaining an ideal weight yet unable to see results? Join Wake Forest Baptist Health plastic surgeon Dr. Brinda Thimmappa as she provides information on procedures that help those "hard to reach" areas. Register now.
View all classes in January and register now.
February 2015 Highlights
- How Will a Pacemaker Affect my Lifestyle?, Monday, February 9, 6 pm.
- Heart Health Screening, Saturday, February 14, 10 am to 1 pm.
- Mini Strokes (TIAs): Brain Angina, Monday February 16, 5:30 pm.
- Crock Pot Meals, Friday, February 20, 6 to 7:30 pm.
The Brenner FIT program at Brenner Children's Hospital is a comprehensive pediatric weight management program for children and their families. BestHealth is pleased to include Brenner FIT classes in our monthly offerings.
BestHealth is offered in partnership with
Complete this quick health survey to discover important information about your cardiovascular health.
Complete this quick health survey to discover important information about your stroke risk.
What is your target heart rate? How many carbs should you have in a day? Is stress affecting your health?
Quick guide to the merchants in the Winston-Salem area who offer discounts to BestHealth members.
PDF file of the monthly BestHealth newsletter.