Creating a Brand-compliant Signature
Use the reporting structure of your department to determine which logo to use for your email signature. Click here to learn more about choosing a logo. For additional guidance on selecting a logo, email email@example.com.
Follow the instructions below to build your signature. Note: No embellishments, including quotations, taglines or other graphics may be used in your email signature.
Download Email Signature for Microsoft Outlook
- First click on the appropriate logo below to download the installer application, and save the installer to your computer's desktop.
- From your computer's desktop, double click on the installer to run it.
- Customize the logo with your personal information. Do not alter the signature layout in any way.
Email Signature Guidelines
Below is an example of an email signature with annotation in blue.
The elements of the email signature shown must use the following attributes:
* Gold = 158 Red, 126 Green, 56 Blue or #9E7E38 in hexadecimal
| || Typeface || Font Size || Attribute || Color || Alignment |
|Name ||Arial||11 pt||bold||black||left|
|Title ||Arial||9 pt||normal||black||left|
|Department ||Arial||9 pt||bold||gold*||left|
|Address ||Arial||9 pt||normal||black||left|
- When you customize the signature with your personal information, follow the existing layout, formatting and text attributes.
- Do not press the [Enter] key when adding contact information to the email signature.
- Note that there are two spaces before and after each backslash \ .
- The clear space around the logo is equal to the height of the symbol. Do not encroach on the clear space.
- Do not alter the size of the email logo. Use exactly as provided.
- Do not use the email logo in any other application.
- The email background should be all white (no graphics or colors of any kind permitted.)
How to Create an Email Signature in Outlook
- Start a new email in Outlook.
- Click on the Signature button and select "Signatures" at the bottom.
- Select the email signature you wish to edit in the upper left of the signature edit window.
- Edit the email signature with your personal information. Please follow all of the guidelines for the email signature as shown above.
- Click the Save button once you have completed customizing your signature with your contact information.
- To make this your default signature, select it as your default in the upper right of the signature edit window.
- Click the OK button at the bottom right when finished.
Other Email Applications
This installer is specifically designed for use in Microsoft Outlook for Windows. To create an email signature for another application, follow these instructions: Creating an Email Signature for Other Email Applications.