Creating a Correctly Branded Email Signature
The following directions are for creating an email signature for use in Microsoft Outlook. To create an email signature for another application, including Outlook Web Access, follow these instructions: Creating an Email Signature for Other Email Applications.
Identify the appropriate logo for your email signature:
Using the lists below, click on the desired logo. When the installer window appears, click on the run button to install the email signature.
In Outlook, replace the generic content with your personal information.
- Start a new email in Outlook
- Click on the Signature button and select Signatures at the bottom.
- Select the email signature you wish to edit in the upper left of the signature edit window (for example, wfbmc_sig).
- Replace the generic content with your personal information. Please keep the font styles and sizes the same as the generic content. Click Save.
- To make this your default signature, select it as your default in the upper right of the signature edit window.
- Click OK at the bottom right when finished.
The final signature should look like this:
- When entering personal information, use the existing layout, formatting and text attributes.
- Do not press the [Enter] key when adding contact information to the email signature.
- Note that there are two spaces before and after each backslash \ .
- Do not alter the size or position of the logo.
- The background should be all white.
- Do not add any graphics, quotations, descriptions or inspirational messages.
Note: All branded material must be approved by the Brand Champion before
production. This service is free; please allow 48 hours for feedback.
Creative Communications is your Brand Champion
Send questions and artwork for approval to: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Inquiries: email@example.com \ 336-716-4298