Business 40 Construction Project Updates!
Tips for your trip:
Navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Maps of Alternate Routes to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Rural Hall, Tobaccoville, King Mt Airy
- Reedy Creek, Tyro
- High Point, Archdale, Jamestown
- East Bend, Boonville, Jonesville, Elkin
- Davidson, Lexington, Salisbury, I-85
- Greensboro, Raleigh
- Lewisville, Yadkinville, North Wilkesboro
- Wallburg, Thomasville
- Clemmons, Mocksville, Statesville
Updated: 6-15-18 3pm
The NCDOT Will Close Business 40 Between Cloverdale Avenue and Peters Creek Parkway the Weekend of June 15 - June 16.
The NCDOT will close all eastbound and westbound lanes of Business 40 between Cloverdale Avenue and Peters Creek Parkway, for the safety of motorists, to perform overhead bridge work in that section. Business 40 will be closed from 7:00 p.m. Friday, June 15 until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 16. This closure will affect motorist visiting the hospital as follows:
- If you are traveling eastbound on Business 40, the road closure will not affect travel to the hospital.
You can take Cloverdale Avenue Exit 4 as normal to the hospital entrance.
- If you are traveling westbound on Business 40, you will be affected. You will need to detour off
Business 40 at Peters Creek Parkway and follow the westbound detour shown on the back of this update.
- If you need to travel eastbound on Business 40 when you leave the hospital, you will need to use the
eastbound detour on the back of this update.
Approaching the Hospital Traveling Westbound on Business 40
Business 40 westbound between Peters Creek Parkway and Cloverdale Avenue will be closed. Motorists will need to:
- Detour off Business 40 at Peters Creek Parkway and turn right
- Follow Peters Creek Parkway a short distance to a left on First Street
- Follow First Street to a left on Cloverdale Avenue
- Follow Cloverdale Avenue to the entrance of the hospital
Leaving the Hospital to Travel Eastbound on Business 40
Business 40 eastbound from Cloverdale Avenue to Peters Creek Parkway will be closed. Motorists will need to:
- Turn right on Cloverdale Avenue leaving the hospital
- Follow Cloverdale Avenue to a right on First Street
- Follow First Street to a right on Peters Creek Parkway
- Follow Peters Creek Parkway a short distance and turn left onto the entrance ramp for Business 40 East
Ver actualización de la construcción de Business 40.
Additional Resources & Tips
- Know alternate routes to use before you leave for your appointment. Depending on where you live, there are several local roads you can use while Business 40 is closed. Start thinking about alternative routes now by using a navigation app or website, and time how long it takes you.
- Build in extra travel time for your trip.
- Drive with caution. Slow down and stay alert for slowed/stopped traffic and construction workers.
- Watch for detour signs. Look for posted detour signs for local road closings.
- Stay informed. You’ll receive a Business 40 monthly update at your doctor’s office. If you have a myWakeHealth account, be sure you know your password to log in. Soon you will receive updates through myWakeHealth.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.