Business 40 Construction Project Updates!
**UPDATE: Lane Closures and Delays**
Beginning Monday, November 27, NCDOT will close the inner lanes of Business 40 (one eastbound and one westbound) for 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at the Peters Creek Parkway Bridge. Travel delays are expected in both directions on Business 40—eastbound and westbound. Work is expected to continue until January 11, 2018, or until bridge work is complete. The inner lanes will be closed for a limited distance around the bridge work area.
Ver actualización de la construcción de Business 40.
On Business 40
- Overnight Lane Closings: NCDOT will continue to close the inner lanes of Business 40 - eastbound and westbound - overnight from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am, Monday through Sunday. During this time, two lanes of traffic will merge into one on the outer lanes in each direction.
- Overnight Eastbound Detour. Only if needed (this will be at the discretion of the contractor*), you may notice an occasional change in the traffic pattern during the hours of 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. if heading eastbound on Business 40. As you approach the Peters Creek Parkway Bridge, traffic will merge into a single lane and will be detoured up the exit ramp at Peters Creek Parkway, across and over Peters Creek Parkway and directed back on to Business 40 down the existing ramp. This “up and over” detour will last until mid-December, except during holiday work restrictions.
- Overnight Westbound Lane Closings. Overnight lane closures on westbound Business 40 will be set up only when the type of work necessitates closing the westbound inside lane. If the work does not require the westbound lane closure, NCDOT does not intend to install it.
Peters Creek Parkway ramp detour on Eastbound Business 40
On Peters Creek Parkway
- Periodic daytime lane closures. These daytime closures will occur along Peters Creek Parkway during non-peak hours (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) as NCDOT begins clearing operations.
- Overnight lane closures. NCDOT will close one lane in each direction of Peters Creek Parkway during overnight hours (9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.), Monday through Sunday, for work associated with construction of the new Peters Creek Parkway Bridge.
Tips for your trip:
- Call 336-716-ROAD (7263) for arecorded message with the latest Business 40 news on road work, resources and traffic detours. The phone line will be updated as needed
- Know alternate routes to use before you leave
for your appointment. Depending on where you live, there are several local roads you can
use while Business 40 is closed. Start thinking about alternative routes now by
using a navigation app or website, and time how long it takes you.
- Build in extra travel time for your trip.
- Drive with caution. Slow down and stay alert for slowed/stopped traffic and construction workers.
- Watch for detour signs. Look for posted detour signs for local road closings.
- Stay informed. You’ll receive a Business 40 monthly update at your doctor’s office. If you have a myWakeHealth account, be sure you know your password to log in. Soon you will receive updates through myWakeHealth.
- Check out ncdot.gov and business40nc.com for regular updates.
- For real time closure information, check NCDOT’s Traveler Information Management (TIMS) maps.
Here are some examples of navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.