Business 40 Construction Project Starts Mid-October
Here's what to expect:
Peters Creek Parkway will have periodic daytime lane closings during non-peak daytime hours (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) as NCDOT begins clearing operations.
- Around October 23 and continuing into early December: expect crews to begin work overnight (9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.), Monday through Friday, on Peters Creek Parkway. NCDOT will close one lane in each direction of Peters Creek Parkway for work associated with the new Peters Creek Bridge.
- October 23 through early December: NCDOT will close the inner lanes of Business 40 - east and westbound - overnight from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., Monday through Friday. During this time, two lanes of traffic will merge into one on the outer lane in each direction.
- October 25: there will be a change in the overnight (9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) traffic pattern on Business 40 eastbound as you approach the Peters Creek Parkway Bridge. Both lanes of traffic will merge into a single lane and detoured off Business 40 at the Peters Creek Parkway exit. Traffic will continue up the ramp, cross over Peters Creek Parkway and will be directed back to Business 40 down the existing ramp. During this time frame, overnight lane closures on westbound Business 40 will be set up only when the type of work necessitates closing the westbound inside lane. If the work does not require the westbound lane closure, NCDOT does not intend to install it.
- Lane Closings and Weather: NCDOT says lane closings are installed only when weather conditions permit. Lane closures are not installed during rain events or other adverse weather.
Tips for your trip:
- Know alternate routes to use before you leave
for your appointment. Depending on where you live, there are several local roads you can
use while Business 40 is closed. Start thinking about alternative routes now by
using a navigation app or website, and time how long it takes you.
- Build in extra travel time for your trip.
- Drive with caution. Slow down and stay alert for slowed/stopped traffic and construction workers.
- Watch for detour signs. Look for posted detour signs for local road closings.
- Stay informed. You’ll receive a Business 40 monthly update at your doctor’s office. If you have a myWakeHealth account, be sure you know your password to log in. Soon you will receive updates through myWakeHealth.
- Check out ncdot.gov and business40nc.com for regular updates.
Here are some examples of navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.