Business 40 Construction Project Updates!
Peters Creek Parkway
The West 4th Street Bridge over Business 40 has been removed and motorists will use Peters Creek Parkway to detour around the bridge closure. Intermittent lane closings will occur on Peters Creek Parkway daily from 9 am until 4 pm through Friday, April 20. Work continues on the Business 40 retaining walls, storm drains, and new bridges in this area.
Liberty Street South of Business 40*
Demolition of the CBI and STEAM Academy buildings has been completed and traffic has been restored to two lanes.The right lane nearest to the demolition will remain closed.
First Street between Poplar Street and Brookstown Avenue
First Street is closed from Poplar Street to Brookstown Avenue for waterline work. A detour around this section is clearly marked for motorists.
Peters Creek Parkway, First Street, and Liberty Street Closures
Construction of the new tunnel under Peters Creek Parkway near BB&T Ballpark will also begin in March. This is part of the new Multi-Use Path that will run along both sides of Business 40 and connect with the new Strollway Land Bridge located next to Liberty Street Bridge.
Ver actualización de la construcción de Business 40.
Tips for your trip:
- Call 336-716-ROAD (7623) for arecorded message with the latest Business 40 news on road work, resources and traffic detours. The phone line will be updated as needed
- Know alternate routes to use before you leave
for your appointment. Depending on where you live, there are several local roads you can
use while Business 40 is closed. Start thinking about alternative routes now by
using a navigation app or website, and time how long it takes you.
- Build in extra travel time for your trip.
- Drive with caution. Slow down and stay alert for slowed/stopped traffic and construction workers.
- Watch for detour signs. Look for posted detour signs for local road closings.
- Stay informed. You’ll receive a Business 40 monthly update at your doctor’s office. If you have a myWakeHealth account, be sure you know your password to log in. Soon you will receive updates through myWakeHealth.
- Check out ncdot.gov and business40nc.com for regular updates.
- For real time closure information, check NCDOT’s Traveler Information Management (TIMS) maps.
Here are some examples of navigation apps and websites to use while planning for your visit:
- Waze: Use this app to share and view real-time traffic and road info with other drivers in your area. You can also see real-time alerts on your route for accidents, traffic jams and more.
- Google Maps:Access this web mapping service for real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), route planning for travel, to view street maps and more.
- MapQuest:Visit this website for driving directions, maps, live traffic updates and road conditions.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.