The Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma is funding another research grant application for 2014 to support our goal to eliminate death and disability to injured children. Proposals will be reviewed and funded on the overall impact of the research to enhance standard practices in pediatric trauma management.
Research Program Details
- Provides support for investigator‐initiated research projects, pilot research or feasibility studies. High risk/high return research is strongly encouraged. New investigators are especially encouraged to apply.
- Eligible applicants are full‐time or adjunct faculty of an academic medical center
- The award is to enhance PI research activities and is not to diminish or replace normal compensation and benefits
- Applicants are encouraged to leverage the award with funds from other private, public and industry sources. The usual duration of an award is for a period of one year. Indirect costs are not allowed.
- Animal models or injury prevention proposals will not be considered for funding in this RFA
Interested applicants must submit a letter of intent (LOI) by May 31, 2014. Guidelines and instructions for the letter are available from the CIPT‐RP Officer, Barb Yoza (email@example.com), and you can click here for further details. Letters of intent will be reviewed by the CIPT research advisory committee. Upon the committee’s recommendation, individuals will be notified by June 6, 2014 and invited to submit a full application. Guidelines and instructions for the application are also available.
Completed applications should be received no later than 5pm on August 8, 2014. Late, incomplete or applications that do not comply with instructions will be returned without review.
Notice of award will be made the first week of September 2014 and funding will begin January 1, 2015. A single award in the amount of $75,000 is anticipated for the 2015 calendar year. Specific conditions associated with the award will be included with the notice of award. Questions regarding this announcement should be e‐mailed to the CIPT‐RP Officer, Barb Yoza at firstname.lastname@example.org.