Letters of intent are no longer being accepted. The deadline for application was May 31, 2013.
CIPT ‐ Research Program (RP) FY2014‐2015 Letter of Intent
The Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma (CIPT) announces the availability of research funds to support our goal to eliminate death and disability to injured children. Research proposals will be reviewed and funded on the overall impact to enhance standard practices in pediatric trauma management. Notice of award will be made December 1, 2013 and funding will begin January 1, 2014. A single award in the amount of $75,000 is anticipated for the 2014 calendar year.
The CIPT-RP provides support for investigator‐initiated research projects, pilot research or feasibility studies. High-risk/high return research by new investigators is strongly encouraged. Eligible applicants are full-time or adjunct faculty of an academic medical center. The principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator must be a member of the Pediatric Trauma Society (PTS). Visit www.pediatrictraumasociety.org to join. Applicants are encouraged to leverage the award with funds from other private, public and industry sources. The usual duration of an award is for a period of one year. Funds will be transferred to the applicant's financial or research office on a quarterly basis. Indirect costs are not allowed.
Letter of Intent (LOI): Interested investigators must submit a 2 page (max) LOI that will be reviewed by the CIPT research advisory board. LOI must include the following elements:
- Name, academic appointment (if applicable), affiliation and specific role on the project of investigator(s) and collaborator(s)
- Brief description (one paragraph) of project goals and methods to achieve project aims
- Statement of how the project will enhance standard practices in pediatric trauma management. Particular emphasis should be placed on innovation and significance of project goals to pediatric trauma care.
- Amount requested from CIPT and amount available from other sources that support project goals (eg. other grant support/funding agency)
- Co-signature from PI's department chair or other institutional authorized individual
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and to submit LOI. Timeline for the application process will be observed as outlined below: