14th Annual Meeting
October 16-18, 2014 in Wilmington, NC
• Discuss the use of a Navigator to improve rates
of lung-directed therapy with curative intent (surgical resection or stereotactic
body radiotherapy) among African Americans with lung cancer.
• Discuss ways to enhance recruitment and retention in cancer
clinical trials, particularly among racial and ethnic minority populations.
• Outline standard methods used for reporting accurately
collected data in clinical trials.
• Review clinical and subclinical CV injury after
• Review indications and contraindications for cardiac MRI.
• Discuss the importance of reaching underserved populations
in clinical trials.
• Discuss mechanisms and barriers related to treatment among
African American cancer patients.
• Discuss standard methods for submitting regulatory materials
for clinical trial reviews.
• Discuss the use of a breathing technique to improve dyspnea
with lung cancer.
• Describe the importance of conducting clinical trials in the
• Discuss symptom management including study results and
• Discuss data submission in RB clinical trials.
• Discuss approaches to Cancer Care Delivery Research.
• Identify future cancer trial perspectives.
• Discuss brain function in elderly patients treated with
• Discuss survivorship and rural patients with lung
• Discuss an overview of cancer cognition research.
• Discuss cancer treatments that possibly accelerate aging
including cognitive aging.
an overview of the existing literature on cognitive dysfunction associated with
cancer and its treatment and where the field is headed.
• Discuss an overview of what is known about the
underlying mechanisms of cognitive dysfunction associated with cancer and its
treatment and where the field is headed.
Hilton Wilmington Riverside
A landmark on the
Wilmington Riverfront, the Hilton
Wilmington Riverside is a full service hotel in downtown Wilmington, North
Carolina that delivers a refreshing blend of historic charm, modern comfort and
Southern hospitality. Experience a contemporary hotel on the Wilmington
Riverwalk with upscale amenities so you can relax, work, dine, connect, explore
and enjoy the beautiful scenes of historic downtown Wilmington.
Please call the Hilton directly at (910) 343-6123 for room
reservations. You may ask for the CCCWFU
rate, but due to the September 15th deadline, rates will vary based on
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by
the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American
Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This education
activity has been approved for a maximum of 14.5 education credits. Each
participant should claim only those credits actually spent in the activity.
The Wake Forest School of Medicine adheres to the Americans
with Disabilities Act. Please report any special needs you may have for
participation in or access to this educational activity to our office at