At the Center for Applied Learning, we believe the best way to learn a new clinical procedure or method is to experience hands-on training. We bring together experts in a range of clinical specialties to deliver that hands-on experience using the latest in technology and applied educational models. We help partners in industry, government agencies, medical organizations and health care institutions learn new procedures, improve use of medical devices and instruments, test and assess new models of clinical care, develop new strategies for care and work better as teams.
Based at the internationally recognized Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, the Center for Applied Learning has access to the latest in technology and nationally and internationally recognized clinical and research faculty. We work with organizations to develop best practice training for individuals and groups. By using applied learning with tabletop task trainers, fresh human tissue, synthetic tissue and high fidelity patient simulations, we help our partners achieve their missions to improve patient care outcomes.
Contact us to learn more about how your organization can work with the Center for Applied Learning.
The Center for Applied Learning’s principle mission is to improve the quality of patient care and patient safety across all medical specialties. We do this by using applied learning techniques to help healthcare providers and other professionals obtain their defined learning objectives. Learn more about our goals and values.
Our Clinical Training Experience
Curricula Using Fresh Human Tissue Models
- Number of Learner Encounters – Over 8,000/Year
- Number of Hands-On Learner Hours – Over 90,000/Year
- Number of Courses/Learning Events – Over 340/Year
High Fidelity Patient Simulation
- Number of Years of Continual Service – 13 Years
- Number of Learner Encounters – Over 6,500/Year
- Cumulative Number of Learners – 45,000
- Number of Years of Continual Service – 40 Years
- Number of Learner Encounters – Over 800/Year
- Cumulative Number of Learners – 25,000
- CME Courses