MOCA® Simulation Course
Our simulation course fulfills Part IV Simulation education course requirements of the ABA’s MOCA®course. Please consult the ABA website, www.theABA.org, for a list of all MOCA® requirements. MOCA®and Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program ® are registered trademarks of The American Board of Anesthesiology, Inc.
The Wake Forest School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Course Objectives||Course Highlights |
At the conclusion of this activity the participants should be better able to:
- Manage significant hemodynamic instability
- Evaluate and treat significant hypoxemia from multiplecauses, including difficult airway management
- Discuss principles of crisis resource managementand practice teamwork, communication, andleadership skills
- Describe latest practice advisories and recommend-ations for managing critical incidents, such as malignant hyperthermia, power failure, or operating room fire
- You will not be graded or tested on your performance.
- Experiential Learning: For at least one session, you will be responsible as the "primary" anesthesiologist.
- Limited course size of 2-8 participants with 2-3 instructors per course
Upcoming 2015-2016 MOCA®course dates
- January 8, 2016
- February 5, 2016
- March 4, 2016
- April 15, 2016
- May 6, 2016
- June 3, 2016
- August 5, 2016
- September 9, 2016
- October 7, 2016
- November 11, 2016
- Cost per person: $1600
- Alumni Discount: $1400
- Inquire about Group discounts (minimum of 4)
Course fee will include continental breakfast, lunch, CME credit, and educational materials. *Additional dates are available upon request.
Cancellations received in writing (email) 5 business days prior to course date will receive a full refund minus a $100 administrative charge. Cancellations received after 5 business days prior to course date will not be refunded.
All contact information and course resources are listed in the Quick Reference in the upper right of this web page. Please contact us for more information or to register for course participation.