Surgery Academy, Mock Operating Room, Surgical Skills Lab
The Center for Applied Learning maintains an advanced, fully functional Mock Operating Room. Features include:
- Interactive high-density video recording and webcast capabilities,
- An observation window, along with five remote cameras for room observation, event recording and video control,
- A connected surgical debriefing room for processing team task loading scenarios,
- HDccTV capabilities shared with 40 adjacent clinical operating rooms, and
- Two adjacent interactive surgery classrooms with a combined seating capacity for 60 surgeons.
Our Surgery Academy offers a variety of meeting and training options with live surgery connections among the classrooms, the Mock OR and the debriefing room.
The Academy also maintains a Basic Surgical Skills Lab for Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery training and testing through the American College of Surgery, as well as an Advanced Surgical Skills Training Lab for advanced skills courses. These courses utilize seven training stations designed for open or endoscopic procedure courses requiring human tissues applied to the practice of Urology, Uro/Gyn, Obstetrics, ENT, Neurosurgery or Orthopedics.