Stress Management for Children and Adolescents
Autogenic Training to Relieve Stress by Dr. Kathi Kemper
Promoting Calm / Confidence -- Easing Anxiety / Worries - Dr. Kathi Kemper's Tips
Stress and Relaxation Techniques: What Science Says ~ NIH NCCAM
- The Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens. Biegel GM. New Harbinger Publications., CA. 2009
- Teaching meditation to children: A practical guide to the use and benefits of meditation. Fontana D and Slack I. Watking Publishing., 2007
- Starbright - Meditations for Children. Garth M. HarperCollins, 1991
- Moonbeam: A Book of Meditations for Children. Garth M. Harpercollins, 1993
- Just Say Om!: Your Life's Journey. Gordhamer S. AdamsMedia Corporation,2001
- Moody Cow Meditates. MacLean KL. Wisdom Publications, 2009
- Peaceful Piggy Meditation. MacLean KL. Albert Whitman & Co, 2004
- Meditating With Children-The Art of Concentration and Centering : A Workbook on New Educational Methods Using Meditation. Rozman D. Planetary Publications. 1994
- Building Emotional Intelligence: Techniques to Cultivate Inner Strength in Children. Laniteri L, Goldman D. Sounds True, Inc., 2008
- Sensational Meditation for Children. Valley SW. Satya International. 2008
- Mind Over Basketball: Coach Yourself to Handle Stress. Weierbach J, Phillips-Hershey E. Magination Press. American Psychological Association, 2008
- Still, Quiet Place: Mindfulness for Young Children. Amy Salzman. 2004
- Stressed Teens: Mindfulness for teens – Meditation Practices to Reduce Stress and Promote Well-Being. Gina Biegel. 2009
On-line Training or Practice Guides
- eMindful provides on-line interactive courses for a fee, including courses specifically for children and teens, and others focused on specific physical or mental health challenges.
- Learning Meditation. Patsy Gray has developed this site which provides free audio files and printable scripts for children to use to learn simple techniques.
- Meditation Society of Australia. This site has guided meditations for children that can be downloaded; a few introductory scripts are free, but access to others requires an on-line subscription (about $8 for access). The site also has pages for adults.
- Meditations for the Constantly Connected. This site offers audio files for a fee.
- Amy Saltzman offers free on-line guided meditations.
- Mindfulness in Education.