How to make an appointment to see a doctor at the Downtown Health Plaza.
- Call 336-713-9800
- Appointments are scheduled between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time to check-in with the receptionist. For routine office visits, please try to make your appointments in advance so that you may see your assigned physician. Since many of our physicians have other hospital responsibilities and obligations, their office hours may be limited. Notify us as soon as possible when you must cancel an appointment.
- Acute Illnesses: If you should suddenly become ill, please call the office as early in the day as possible. A nurse will return your call and help you decide whether an immediate visit is needed or may instruct you to go to the Emergency Room. We try to schedule all of your visits with your regular physician, but it may be necessary for another physician to see you for an acute illness.
- Once you have become an established patient at the Downtown Health Plaza, after your doctor visit you will be given a return appointment if necessary.
What you need to bring to every appointment.
- Please bring all your medications that you are currently taking.
- The name of the previous physician that you have seen.
- Your insurance card.
- Any questions or concerns that you may have.
- Please let us know if you have any allergies to food or medications.
- A picture identification card.
If you have a medical emergency PLEASE CALL 911.
(Chest pain, difficulty in breathing, excessive bleeding or any pain that is not relieved by medication.)
If you have any questions about an emergency; please call the office at 336-713-9800 for help in deciding whether an emergency room visit is the best choice for your care. Emergency rooms are often crowded, and visits can be expensive. Your physician may be able to suggest another way of handling your emergency. If it is after hours, please notify 911 or your emergency room.