Conflicts of Interest
We avoid conflicts of interest in which a faculty or staff member’s personal interest may compromise his or her judgment in work-related matters. We recognize that even the appearance of a conflict of interest must be avoided.
- We disclose conflicts of interest and do not take part in making any decision affected by these conflicts.
- We do not permit a faculty or staff member to have influence over the conditions of employment an immediate family member.
- We ensure that any secondary employment does not interfere with our job performance.
- We do not accept personal gifts of any kind from vendors.
- We do not accept gifts of more than nominal value from patients or patient family members.
- We do not pay for, or receive payment for, patient admissions or referrals for service.