Medical Billing and Records
Our billing processes are established to ensure the accuracy of claims submitted for payment.
- We accurately bill for services rendered and supplies utilized.
- We strive to be accurate and complete in our patient documentation.
- We do not knowingly submit a false claim for payment. We understand that the federal False Claims Act establishes liability for any person who knowingly submits or causes the submission of a false claim to the government for payment.
- We report any knowledge of a false claim submission through the established reporting channels.
- We understand that staff and faculty members are protected from retaliation when they report a false claim to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center leadership or outside agencies.
- We refund payments received in error, and we notify the payer of the reason for the refund.