We require all research to be conducted within legal and ethical standards.
- We are honest and accurate in our research applications.
- We use research funds for the appropriate purpose.
- We respect the right of individuals to refuse to participate in clinical studies without compromising their care.
- We conduct clinical trials and studies in accordance with requirements of the appropriate regulatory bodies.
- We follow all laws, policies and procedures relating to the care, transport and use of animal subjects in research.
Additional research goals:
- We understand research awards are made to the institution, which generally is the owner of the data, products, and resources of the research. Industry-sponsored research may vary according to the specific contract.
- We require high ethical standards in all research projects, and we are expected to inquire into all instances of alleged or apparent misconduct in science.
- We competently manage our research responsibilities and are responsible and committed to achieving the objectives of the awards we receive.
- We maintain appropriate records to ensure accurate billing for research.
- We seek prior approval of the appropriate committees when our research involves animal subjects, as well as humans, certain chemical substances, bio-hazardous materials, and radioactive materials.
- We properly collect, record, maintain, and disclose our research data using accepted practices and in compliance with applicable regulations and share data with our co-investigators.
- We submit accurate data for publication based on the public good, and properly acknowledge all contributors.