Cancer Rehabilitation Services
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department is now offering a new service designed specifically to help cancer patients achieve optimal quality of life.
Adrienne Hill, DO, is a physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physician) who has training in cancer rehabilitation.
If you (or your patient) have any of the following problems or needs, consider utilizing the cancer rehabilitation services.
- difficulty walking, balance issues, frequent falls
- memory problems, "chemo brain"
- malaise, depression, adjustment problems
- difficulty doing things you could do prior to cancer treatments
- fatigue, insomnia, poor endurance
- pain in your extremities
- incontinence issues, chronic constipation
- stiffness, dystonia
- joint or musculoskeletal pain
- speech or swallowing problems
- radiation fibrosis syndrome (the build-up of fibrous tissue in radiated areas), scar adhesions
sensory and balance problems
- difficulty with activities of daily living (ADLs) like dressing, bathing, eating, toileting or chores, shopping
- driver's evaluation, home safety evaluation, adaptive equipment or assistive device assessment, return to work evaluation
To schedule a consultation or appointment, please call 716-1585.