Services We Provide
There is no doubt that complementary medicines can help cancer patients. At the Comprehensive Cancer Center, we are proud to offer a variety of integrative medicine programs that our cancer patients participate in on a regular basis.
Integrative Medicine Programs at Wake Forest:
- Acupuncture: Treats pain, nausea, fatigue, mood and sleep with stimulation of key areas of the body. Contact Boyd Bailey at 336-777-0037 or email email@example.com
- Gentle Yoga: These classes are open to cancer patients and survivors and their close family members or friends. Mats and equipment will be available. You may bring your own if you like. Classes are held in the Meditation Room, second floor, Outpatient Comprehensive Cancer Center. You may also set up an individual session. Contact: Lynn Felder, RYT from the Yoga Gallery (www.yogagallery.net) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-655-7047.
- Guided Imagery and Hypnosis: Suggestive guidance in a trance state helps patients to manage pain and nausea and to improve coping. Contact Jeffrey Feldman PhD at 716-6779, email: email@example.com.
- Massage Therapy: Eight types of massage offered at the Sticht Center and CompRehab. Contact Suzanne Melcher-Thompson at 336-713-3088, (336) 716-8304) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Massage gift certificates are available in the gift shop.
- Meditation Room: The meditation room, located on the Second floor of the Outpatient Cancer Center, is set aside for quiet meditation or prayer.
- Mindful-based stress reduction: Learn practices to cultivate calmness and be more present to yourself and others. Contact Maggie Dailey at 336-414-1447 or email: email@example.com
- QiGong: A Chinese system of physical and mental training for health, martial arts and self-enlightenment. Visit Three Treasures Thai Chi, LLC or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.