Patient and Family Advisory Council
The goal of the Patient and
Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is to empower families and patients to advocate
for the best patient care and support possible.
They strive to maintain open lines of communication between patients,
their loved ones and their health care providers. They also encourage patients and their loved
ones to become involved in the development and evaluation of their plan of care
throughout cancer treatment and beyond.
Members of PFAC are asked to:
- Commit to attending monthly meetings at the
- Share with us how clinic management and
procedures impact the patient experience.
- Share both positive and negative observations to
provide constructive feedback.
- Look beyond your own personal experience to include
the needs of other patients as well as the constraints and needs of the
healthcare team and system.
- Actively participate in meeting discussions and
projects undertaken by the council.
PFAC members include current or
former Wake Forest Baptist patients, family members or caregivers, and Cancer
Anyone interested in being
contacted with additional information or joining the Council can call 336-713-2688.