A Call for Physician Volunteers
The DEAC Clinic is a student-run, free clinic that operates every Wednesday evening at the Community Care Center. The mission of the clinic is two pronged: first, we seek to address the long-term, primary care health needs of our local, underserved communities. Second, we strive to create a service-oriented, learning experience for students to hone their clinical skills.
We are looking for physicians who are interested in volunteering at the DEAC Clinic. We are especially in need of physicians from Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and Emergency Medicine.
- There is no longterm commitment; you sign-up when you are available.
- The time commitment is Wednesday evening from 6-9PM.
- You should expect to see 3-4 adult patients per evening in an informal and relaxed environment.
- You will work closely with all levels of medical and physician assistant students.
- We have an onsite dispensary and lab.
- We are able to refer patients to specialists for consults and procedures.
- Both attendings and residents from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and community practices may volunteer.
- Your malpractice insurance will be covered.
- It is required that you have an NC Medical license.
If you are interested in learning more or signing up to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for your time, and we hope to see you at the DEAC Clinic soon!
DEAC Executive Co-Directors