Phototherapy Treatment Center
The Phototherapy Treatment Center provides a broad array of treatment options for patients with skin disease. It is led by Dr. Steven R. Feldman, a member of the Medical Advisory Board of the National Psoriasis Foundation.
In conjunction with the Clinical Studies Center of the Department of Dermatology, the Phototherapy Treatment Center conducts many clinical trials of new agents designed to treat psoriasis and other skin disease.
Wake Forest Dermatology offers different types of phototherapy, including:
- NarrowBand Ultraviolet B (NBUVB) phototherapy
- Combination Ultraviolet A/B (UVA/B) phototherapy
- Systemic Psoralen plus Ultraviolet A (PUVA)
- Broadband Ultraviolet B (UVB) phototherapy
- Specialized treatments
- Hand and/ or foot treatments
- Localized delivery of Ultraviolet B (UVB)
- Xtrac Excimer Laser
Some of the skin diseases treated with phototherapy include:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Allergic Dermatitis
- Alopecia Areata
- Generalized Itch
- Mycosis Fungoides / Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma
Contact Sharon Sharp for more information regarding phototherapy at Wake Forest!