Medical Genetics was first founded in 1949 as the first Department of Medical Genetics in the United States. Our Medical Genetics Laboratory was established in 1961 and is one of the most established in the nation, providing you with the highest level of expertise for complex, high-demand genetic testing.
Some of the Genetic Lab services we offer include:
- 1st and 2nd trimester screenings
- Neural tube testing
- Cancer AFP testing
- Prenatal carrier screenings
- Prenatal / Postnatal disease testing for cystic fibrosis
- Fragile X
- Uniparental Disomy
- Cytogenomic prenatal microarray analysis
- Cytogenomic postnatal microarray analysis
- Chromosome analysis for:
- Leukemia / Tumors
- Molecular Cytogenetic testing for over 70 prenatal, postnatal genetic and leukemic disorders
All testing is performed on site for optimal turnaround time, unless otherwise specified.
We are accredited by the Department of Health and Human Services Clinical Laboratory Amendments (CLIA) and the College of American Pathologists (CAP), and our laboratory directors are certified through the American Board of Medical Specialties by the American College of Medical Genetics.