CMIS-Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are ‘Groups’?
- EH&S uses ‘Groups’ for creating different profiles in CMIS, which are made-up of users and locations. A group is created using the main contact's MEDCTR ID followed by the profile classification (lab, clinic, etc.). Then other users can be added to the group, along with the locations for which this group is responsible.
- Users with 'LAB_TECH' permissions can modify the inventory in the locations which belong to their assigned group (see question 3 for how to retrieve these items).
2. What is ‘trackable’ inventory?
- Trackable inventory are items of concern that have been designated by EH&S at the part number level. Once a part number is marked as trackable only a user with an ‘EHS’ role can add/edit/delete the item from inventory.
- Trackables are assigned barcodes by EH&S which aides in tracking these items.
- Currently the main item that EH&S tracks are flammables, but CMIS has the ability to let EH&S track any items that they deem are necessary.
3. What is ‘My Inventory’?
- ‘My Inventory’ returns a list of items which are in rooms that are connected to your assigned ‘Group’ (see question 1). Users with a ‘LAB_TECH’ role can modify this list of items.
4. How can I move inventory from one location to another?
- First use the ‘My Inventory’ option (see question 3) to return a list of items which belong to your group. If you have a ‘LAB_TECH’ role then you can click on the ‘Edit’ option on the table and select the new location and click ‘Save’. Remember you can only move items that are not trackable (see question 2).
- If you have a large amount of items to move then contact Chemical Safety and they can do a bulk move for you.