Bomb Threat - Code Yellow
All bomb threats must be treated as a serious matter. To ensure the safety of the faculty, staff, students, and the general public, bomb threats must be considered real until proven otherwise. Remain calm, do not create panic and do not evacuate the building until told to do so by authorized personnel.
All personnel should respond in the following manner:
Report all bomb threats or suspected bombs immediately to the Medical Center Emergency Dispatch Center (716-9111). As soon as possible, a bomb threat checklist should be filled out by the person who handled the call.
TELEPHONE BOMB THREAT
- Remain calm and keep the caller talking as long as possible.
- Do not transfer the call
- Immediately notify your supervisor.
- Notify Medical Center Emergency Dispatch Center as soon as possible (716-9111).
- Ask the caller the following questions:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- Where are you calling from?
WRITTEN BOMB THREAT
- If you find or open a written bomb threat, save all materials, including the envelope, paper, etc.
- Handle the material as little as possible and as few people as possible.
- Contact the Medical Center Emergency Dispatch Center at 716-9111.
- DO NOT HANDLE THE PACKAGE!
- Evacuate the immediate area adjacent, above and below.
- Contact the Medical Center Emergency Dispatch Center at 716-9111. Give location and appearance of package.