Medical Emergency-Personal Injury
MEDICAL EMERGENCY/PERSONAL INJURY
- Do not move a seriously injured person unless the location possesses a serious threat to safety and life of the victim, rescuer, or by-standers.
- If injury/illness prevents the victim from being moved, call Medical Center Emergency Dispatch at 716-9111 for assistance.
- Remain with victim until help arrives.
Work Related Illness or Illness to Faculty/Staff
- Report injury or illness to supervisor no matter how slight it may seem.
- If treatment is necessary, obtain treatment at Employee Health Services during normal operating hours.
- If Employee Health Services is closed, obtain treatment at Emergency Room.
- Notify supervisor of treatment and work status.
- Complete Injury Report Occurrence Form preferably on line before employee reports to Employee Health Services.
- Stay in contact with employee if injury involves days away from work.
Work Related Injury/Illness to Graduate Students, Physician Assistants, Post Doctoral Fellows
- Notify department of injury/illness no matter how slight it is.
- Report to Employee Health Services during normal working hours.
- Report to Emergency Room during evening or weekends.
- Supervisor needs to fill out Injury/Illness Occurrence Report preferably on line.