Wake Forest Baptist Approach
As the largest center for the diagnosis and treatment of primary immuno-deficiency in Western North Carolina and Southwestern Virginia, allowing us to have more options and resources for diagnosis and treatment.
Services provided at Wake Forest University University Medical Center that are not readily available at other medical facilities include:
- A truly multi-disciplinary approach that involves extensive patient education and close communication with referring physicians.
- Cutting edge diagnostics and treatment modalities: Our practice philosophy reflects the most current and valid research in the field.
- In addition to in office drug desensitizations, we have a greater ability than most private practices to perform food and drug challenges to help diagnose food and drug allergy, which includes being hospital based for more risk provoking procedures as well.
- We have the ability to perform methacholine and exercise challenges on site, as well as Spirometry. When scheduled ahead of time CT scans and X-rays can also be performed on site.
- Evaluation of patients with frequent or unusual infections.
- We adhere to strict principles of specific allergy immunotherapy (allergy shots) by focusing on treating each individual for their own unique allergic profile.
- Children and adults may be seen in the same clinic with the same doctors.