Otology / Neurotology Conditions and Treatments
We offer comprehensive otology surgical treatment and management for diseases of the ear, hearing problems and skull base tumors, including:
Hearing Loss: Pediatric and Adult
- Ossicular reconstruction
- Osseointegrated implants/Baha® (bone anchored hearing aid)
Learn more about the symptoms, causes, and key considerations of Hearing Loss.
Cochlear Implantation for Hearing Loss
We also have extensive experience with cochlear implant surgery in both children and adults. Learn all about cochlear implants and how Wake Forest Baptist’s highly experienced specialists can help you overcome your hearing impairment.
Ear Disease and Chronic Eustachian Tube Dysfunction / Complications
- Cholesteatoma (skin cyst in middle ear or skull base)
- Tympanic membrane perforation
Learn about what causes acoustic neuroma (also known as Vestibular schwannoma) and how to contact a specialist for an appointment.
Vertigo and Associated Inner Ear Related Disorders
- Ménière's Disease
- Superior semicircular canal dehiscence syndrome
Tumors, Facial Nerve Injuries, and Other Disorders
- Revision ear surgery
- Congenital aural atresia and other external auditory canal and middle ear malformations
- Tumors of the ear, temporal bone and skull base
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leaks of temporal bone
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (Gamma Knife®) for temporal bone and associated skull base lesions
Make an Otology Appointment
Request an Otology appointment online or call 888-716-WAKE.