Admissions Officer | Medical Education
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Admissions Officer
Job ID: 7683
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare8/7/2014MEDICAL EDUCATIONFull-time Regular, 40 hours/weekEssential Duties:Utilize AMCAS, AMCAS AP, and People Soft in daily operations of the Admissions OfficeManage calendar and travel for Associate Dean of AdmissionsMaintain student application files; verify and audit applications; collect and...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Admissions-Officer-7683.htm
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
Preferred candidates are those with experience in academic advising, counseling, and/or mentoring students, specifically in the health professions. Experience working with historically underrepresented minority groups and other diverse backgrounds will be valued. Candidates must be adept at public speaking and giving presentations. Proficiency and experience using People Soft Campus Solutions is highly desirable. Job duties include:
- Coordinate and execute processes required for operation of the Admissions Office including: utilizing web-based applications services and People Soft student information systems; maintenance of student applications; verify and audit applications, collect and review student application documents and materials; schedule faculty interviewers and applicants for interview dates.
- Review and evaluate the credentials of applicants
- Organize and manage the Committee on Admissions and voting process
- Develop and maintain recruitment materials, web-page, and social media content
- Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process and requirements
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Please see generic description below Admissions Officer
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Last Revision: May 2014
JOB SUMMARY: Oversee and carry out the daily operations of the Office of Medical School Admissions, serving as the face of Admissions and the main point of contact for students, faculty, staff, and the public. This position represents the medical school in a variety of settings both on and off campus often without any supervision and must make decisions, commit accurate information about the medical school, financial aid and admissions and give recommendations to and counsel prospective applicants. This position requires decision making in the absence of the Associate Dean for Admissions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in communications, education, business or related area and fours year of experience in admissions, student services, administrative coordination, or project coordination. Master?s degree preferred.
REPORTS TO: Director (Educational Services/Student Records)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
1. Perform administrative job duties for the Associate Dean for Admissions in their absence.
2. Perform all daily Admissions operations including but not limited to, AMCAS and People Soft processes, training of new users, learning new functionality, and preparing data.
3. Create, revise and update admissions literature including the Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR, located on the AAMC website) Admissions Bulletin, website, brochures, bookmarks, etc.
4. Assist in recruitment efforts by traveling to colleges and universities throughout the region, meeting with prospective applicants and their families, facilitation communication with alumni and planning campus events including orientation activities.
5. Respond to requests for information from undergraduate advisors, potential applicants, alumni, etc.
6. Plan, coordinate and execute the interview season (six months) and daily interview process. Deliver a PowerPoint presentation each interview day to interviewing applicants with information regarding the Medical Center, the Medical School, the curriculum, and living in Winston Salem.
7. Audit and maintain the records of interviewees and accepted applicants from interview to matriculation, rejection or withdrawal.
8. Maintain and provide statistical information on student admissions to the administration, LCME, and other organizations.
9. Maintain and provide statistical information on student admissions to the administration, LCME, and other organizations.
10. Assist the Office of Student Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives with process automation and the recruitment, review and selection of applicants for their programs
11. Keep abreast of the legal basis of the Admissions Committee conduct rules and regulations and other school policies including Technical Standards.
12. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Ability to communicate with individuals of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds
Ability work with a team
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent computer skills
Good written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to multi-task
Clean, comfortable and well-lit
Busy office environment
Some travel required
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.