Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Assistant Controller
Job ID: 7042
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare6/19/2014Assistant Controller Exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Assistant-Controller-7042.htm
- Exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments. Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees.
- Demonstrates leadership in the areas of:
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
- Continuous quality improvement
- Institutional support and representation
- Customer service
3. Overall supervisory responsibilities for financial reporting and analytics staff. Assistant Controller
4. Continually develop staff and provide opportunities for professional growth.
5. Serve as a financial advisor to leaders. Plan, develop, analyze, and interpret projected and actual results reflected in budgets, financial statements and budgetary comparisons. Develop plans for improving fiscal condition and assist in the improvement of departmental efficiency.
6. Develop a comprehensive monthly health system financial reporting package, including variance analysis, working in collaboration with the Office of Budget and Planning and Analytics.
7. Participate in the long-term financial planning processes by coordinating efforts between medical center management, senior leadership of the health system and various health system corporate departments.
8. Assist in the maintaining and improving our single ERP (HR, Student, and Finance System) and ensure tight integration among subsidiaries.
9. Assist Director of Tax and Controller with audit and tax reporting, for all entities.
10. Work closely with AVP of Revenue Cycle and Director of Reimbursement to explain net revenue as well as explore reimbursement improvement opportunities.
11. Serve as the functional lead for all internal audit reviews/internal controls.
12. Coordinate or prepare various surveys and ensure surveys are accurate, timely and reconcile to the financial statements. Also, ensure all optimization opportunities are explored.
13. Ensure subsidiary statements and reports are received on a timely basis, review activity and ask follow-up questions.
14. Assist Controller with board presentations.
15. Participate in special projects as requested.
16. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Responsible for developing, implementing and managing efficient and effective financial policies, controls, processes and best practices for the leadership team overseeing key financial decisions pertaining to WFBMC and all subsidiary organizations.
Coordinate the efforts of support staff, approximately 5 direct reports and 10 indirect reports, in summarizing and reporting transactions and events applicable to general ledger, financial reporting and analysis, bond reporting/audits and ensuring compliant financial systems for WFBMC.
The Characteristic of Work defined below include all WFBMC organizations, including but not limited to NCBH, WFUHS, all 100% owned subsidiaries (approximately 42) and all joint ventures (approximately 12).
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.