Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Associate Operational Excellence Engineer
Job ID: 4850
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare11/6/2013Operational ExcellenceFull-time regular, 40 hours/weekJob Summary: This position is responsible for assisting in Operational Excellence initiatives and projects that accelerate the achievement of results in priority areas for Wake Forest Baptist Health. This position provides data and...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Associate-Operational-Excellence-Engineer-4850.htm
Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assisting in Operational Excellence initiatives and projects that accelerate the achievement of results in priority areas for Wake Forest Baptist Health. This position provides data and process analysis, team facilitation, project management and provides recommendations for organizational improvement. Deliverables result in practical, significant, and measurable improvements in process efficiency, costs and other high priority projects throughout the institution.
Education / Experience: A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Industrial, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering. The ideal candidate will have had a concentration or internship in Healthcare Management and/or Lean Process Improvement.
Reports To: Senior Operational Excellence Engineer, Operational Excellence Department
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: n/a
1. Promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
2. Utilize engineering and efficiency tools to optimize performance improvement solutions, on projects such as process efficiencies, productivity enhancements, layout design, waste reduction, workplace safety, cost effective solutions, etc.
3. Apply engineering techniques including flowcharting, simulation, statistical process control, operations research, benchmarking, time study, regression analysis, as well as Six Sigma and Lean methods
4. Assist on high-priority Performance Excellence projects to support Service and Clinical Excellence, Information Systems deployment as well as the Medical Center Strategic Plan.
5. Assist in facilitating team meetings to achieve results.
6. Assist in identifying and developing most effective methods to increase productivity
7. Participate in developing and maintaining Operational Excellence resources and tools for process analysis and performance improvement.
8. In collaboration with Operational Excellence Engineers, optimize processes to enhance quality, decrease waste/rework, reduce bottlenecks, improve process timing, increase output, ensure workplace safety, and reduce expenses (labor, supplies and utilities).
9. Utilize Enterprise Project Management Office tools and guidelines in organizing and communicating each project.
10. Facilitation of teams and oral/written communication and presentation of data analysis, project status, recommendations, and results.
Skills and Qualifications:
Verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills to effectively persuade and influence in order to achieve desired outcomes
Attention to detail
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships with business partners across departments and facilitate work among teams
Ability to multi-task
Ability to effectively lead and motivate teams and facilitate meetings
Ability to manage projects to deliver results within timeframes
Ability in applying leading edge tools and methodologies to solve complex problems
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
x Reaching with arms
x Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
x 20 lbs. maximum
x 50 lbs. maximum
x 100 lbs. maximum
Clean, well-lit, comfortable
Handles confidential data
Occasionally subjected to long hours
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.