Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Job ID: 2821
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Physician and FacultyWinston-Salem, NCPhysician and Faculty, Medical, Healthcare5/28/2013Wake Forest School of Medicine is recruiting an educational leader at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor with a strong focus on educational research, innovation and curriculum development. The successful candidate will have demonstrated educational scholarship and grant-writing...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Faculty/Associate-Professor-2821.htm
Roles and responsibilities:
Wake Forest School of Medicine (WFSM) is seeking a faculty member with experience and expertise in curriculum design and the scholarship of teaching and learning. The successful candidate will collaborate with an interprofessional community of faculty and administration to plan, implement, evaluate, and conduct scholarship related to the efficacy of innovative high-quality educational programs.
- Promote the use of educational outcomes to inform curricular improvements and ongoing quality
- Apply appropriate learning theories to development curriculum and influence implementation of innovative curricular methods
- Collaborate with faculty to conduct educational scholarship, present at educational conferences, publish in peer-reviewed journals, and apply for extramural funding
- Lead faculty development initiatives related to best practices in teaching and learning
- Consult with faculty on matters related to instructional/curriculum design, authentic assessment, simulation, program evaluation, research design, grant submissions, and application of technology in medical education
This is a faculty opportunity at the Instructor or Assistant Professor level (rank commensurate with credentials and experience). The position is available immediately and will report to the Associate Dean for Medical Education. Competitive candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- PhD or EdD in education
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in medical education or comparable experience in education
- Demonstrated experience in research in medical education or comparable experience, through external funding and/or publications in peer-reviewed scholarly journals
- Expert knowledge and skills in theory and principles related to medical education or comparable experience
Qualified candidates must possess demonstrated time management and organizational skills; excellent communication, team building, and interpersonal skills; and a commitment to teaching. Candidates should have an established track record in medical education and demonstrate scholarly attributes that qualify for an academic appointment at Wake Forest School of Medicine.
Wake Forest School of Medicine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to achieving diversity among its faculty and staff. Qualified and interested candidates are asked to apply online for Job ID# 2821 at: http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Faculty/Current-Opportunities.htm.
For questions, please contact Jill Harrell, Office of Recruitment & Compensation / Faculty and Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Office of Physician and Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.