Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst - HRIS
Job ID: 6318
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare3/10/2014Job Summary: Business Systems Analyst is responsible for defining, developing and supporting the successful use of computerized information systems as an internal HRIS consultant. Accountable for the data integrity and efficiency of the supported systems and interfaced third party...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Business-Systems-Analyst---HRIS-6318.htm
Business Systems Analyst is responsible for defining, developing and supporting the successful use of computerized information systems as an internal HRIS consultant. Accountable for the data integrity and efficiency of the supported systems and interfaced third party software and vendors. Participates in production support, system upgrades, new technology implementations, and enhancements to the Human Resources ERP and Employee EMR systems. Develops strong partnerships with assigned functional area(s) to fully understand their processes, discover needs, and translate requirements of functional and technical specifications. Identifies opportunities for process and/or system improvements by partnering with end users, vendors, and system developers. Resolves system and technology issues by troubleshooting functionality and working with stakeholders and Information Services. Provides HR related data for analysis, metrics development, and reporting.
Education / Experience: Bachelor's Degree in HR or related field plus 4 years of experience in HRIS; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reports To: Manager, HR Systems
1. Consults with both Medical Center & HR stakeholders to define HR reporting requirements & metrics. Develops high quality reporting using multiple tools to manipulate data extracts from various sources into meaningful reports and analytics. Ensures data integrity and effective HR reporting by analyzing data, as well as, creating, maintaining and delivering reports.
2. Promotes proactive analysis of business processes to understand functional business requirements and procedures, applies expert knowledge of potential capabilities of HR systems, develops, documents, and presents multiple solutions and approaches to problems, translates the best choice into functional specifications, tests developed solution, introduces final product into production.
3. Maintains knowledge of system settings and their impact to all users of the system and identifies inter-dependencies with other tasks / applications. Troubleshoots documents, maintains, and owns the functional configuration of the ERP and/or EMR system with assistance from users.
4. Executes system test plans and conducts functional testing for multiple system modules. Ensures software quality assurance standards are achieved, and validates that business goals are accomplished.
5. Creates functional documentation and specifications for software configuration and customizations. Documents all processes, standard operating procedures, workflows, and related system activities.
6. Provides level two system support to end users. Acts as a key technical resource and support person for assigned functional area(s). Assists with the development and delivery of end-user training. Actively delivers presentations and participates in team meetings
7. Manages assigned projects from inception to end-user sign off.
Skills and Qualifications:
Demonstrated technical skills in the set up and use of Human Resources ERP systems and/or EMR
Strong proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Project)
Strong analytical and quantitative skills
Written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical formats.
Strong critical thinking, reasoning, deduction, and inference, and problem solving skill.
Flexible—ability to manage multiple projects and reprioritize tasks as necessary.
Organization and time management skills.
Ability to work in fast- paced, dynamic team environment.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
• Office environment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
Keywords: PeopleSoft, Oracle, Analyst, Systems, SAP, HRIS
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.