Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: CP-LPN--Occupational Medicine--Mocksville Community Physicians
Job ID: 6221
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare2/25/2014This LPN will Work alongside Providers to promote and restore patients? health in compliance with his/her licensure by performing some or all of the following duties. Education/Experience: Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing and one (1) year of experience in the...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/CP-LPN--Occupational-Medicine--Mocksville-Community-Physicians-6221.htm
This LPN will Work alongside Providers to promote and restore patients? health in compliance with his/her licensure by performing some or all of the following duties.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing and one (1) year of experience in the medical office or physician practice preferred.
License/Certification/Registration: Valid NC license to practice Practical Nursing; Valid NC license to practice Nursing; and, CPR certification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Establishes a comforting environment for patients by behaving in a professional, courteous, and compassionate manner at all times.
2. Facilitates prompt and efficient patient care by preparing exam rooms and/or setting up instrument trays as required.
3. Identifies patient care requirements by obtaining vital signs, history, and patients?
primary concerns; documents information in patients? records.
4. Assists with patient care by giving injections, administering oral medications, applying or removing dressings, collecting blood samples, collecting urine specimen screens, removing sutures, handling prescriptions and refills and performing other medical procedures as directed by Providers and/or qualified by licensure.
5. Facilitates optimum treatment results by assisting Providers with examinations, diagnostic procedures and/or testing, and minor surgeries as qualifies by license.
6. Assures accurate and timely collection, identification, and delivery of patient samples by delivering them to the appropriate lab sections.
7. Ensures a safe working environment for self and coworkers by following regulatory agency and organizational policies and procedures.
8. Maintains medication rooms and refrigerators by counting controlled drugs and monitoring, recording, and tracking refrigerator temperatures daily; orders medications and supplies when necessary.
9. Relays all incoming medical call information to the physician and relays information back to patients.
10. Adheres to the general WFUBMC Community Physician?s standards to promote a cooperative working environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building.
11. Participates in regular team meetings and continuous quality improvement activities.
12. POSITION PROFILE: Licensed Practical Nurse (CA III) (Continued)
13. Knowledge of care teams for coordination of patient care
14. Performs other responsibilities within job class as requested by the Clinical Coordinator or Physician.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require sitting, standing, and stooping for long periods of time; also bending and stretching. Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer or typewriter keyboard. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be within normal range for telephone contacts. It may be necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in an environment that can be very stressful. This position may involve irregular, evening, weekend and holiday hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to learn and understand
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.