Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Charge Nurse 6C Post Surgical Critical Care
Job ID: 6900
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-Clinical
Location: Winston SAlem, NC North CarolinaNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare6/6/2014RN with at least 2 years of experience to work 3rd shift and be a resource nurse on the unit. Must be able to provide leadership and support on the unit. Spme responsibilities include but not limited to safe quality patient care and service excellence . the charge nurse must be able to...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Charge-Nurse-6-C-Post-Surgical-Critical-Care-6900.htm
Charge Nurse for Post Surgical Crtitical Care
RN with at least 2 years of experience to work 3rd shift and be a resource nurse on the unit. Must be able to provide leadership and support on the unit. Spme responsibilities include but not limited to safe quality patient care and service excellence . the charge nurse must be able to foster a family/patient centerd care environment. Must be flexible with schedule and may take and assignment as needed. Must be able to collaborate with other disciplines and team members.
The Charge Nurse provides leadership, coordination, and support for the patient care unit for a defined shift. Responsibilities include accountability for the quality of care delivery, patient progression, service excellence, and workplace experience. This includes fostering a patient centered professional work environment through the implementation of Caring Science, the nursing process, staff development and collaborative team interactions for the enhancement of the quality of patient care. The Charge Nurse partners with the Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Manager to achieve goals to improve quality of care.
Education / Experience: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred. BCLS required. Minimum of 2 years experience in nursing.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Active NC RN Licensure. Certification in specialty required within one year.
1. Provides primary leadership in the coordination of nursing care with other healthcare disciplines and facilitates the integration of services across the continuum of care. Collaborates with PLAC to facilitate appropriate and timely patient placement.
2. Collaborates effectively by developing collegial relationships and communicating information effectively. Encourages communication and serves as a resource to staff and other departments.
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients, self, co-workers, and facility in conjunction with the Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager. Facilitates the Care Delivery Model by monitoring the quality/safety outcomes, and implementing the performance improvement measures for identified metrics. Ensures compliance with organizational and regulatory compliance initiatives.
4. Ensures care is delivered with respect for patient?s rights and preferences. Maintains privacy, confidentiality, and security for patients and staff. Facilitates resolution of conflicts, collaborates with Service Excellence to promote service recovery, and empowers staff in decision-making through shared governance.
5. Collaborates with the Nurse Manager in monitoring staffing and supplies for designated shift. Assures nursing workload is measured and resources are allocated based on industry benchmarks and patient needs to optimize the provision of quality, cost effective care. Facilitates and monitors the appropriate utilization of staff based on credentialing, education and experience.
6. Ensures a biogenic environment which stimulates the ongoing professional development of staff in accordance with the principles of Shared Governance, Theory of Human Caring, and professional practice. Develops and fosters relationships that support the continuous enhancement of care delivery, and patient and staff satisfaction through a professional practice environment of mutual respect.
7. Demonstrates value for professional nursing practice including the utilization of current standards, the nursing process and patient advocacy. In collaboration with the Nurse Manager takes responsibility for continuing education, developing best practices and maintaining the highest level of patient care and staff development.
8. Ensures/provides appropriate patient care in accordance with specific patient population. Demonstrates and utilizes knowledge of the needs of the patient population specific to the defined clinical area. Maintains competency related to patient population and identifies strategies to meet related needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to organize and supervise clinical nursing care delivery
Negotiation and conflict resolution
Nursing research and Evidence-based practice
Professional Nursing Practice Theory
Resilient and flexible in a changing environment
Standards of clinical nursing practice
Systems for patient safety
Functions effectively under stressful and difficult situations
Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work effectively with the team
Clean, well lit and comfortable climate
Potential exposure to contamination with bloody or bodily fluids, requiring protective equipment
Highly stressful, dynamic conditions
Required Protective Equipment:
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center strives to provide best-in-class nursing care to our patients. To continue to provide such high quality services, meet internal targets and comply with ACCN Magnet requirements for a plan to increase BSN staff to 80% by 2020, WFBMC desires to employ nurses who have achieved, or will achieve, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. WFBMC will provide nurses who have earned an Associate Degree in Nursing a period of five (5) years from the date of hire to meet that educational requirement.