Chief Sonographer | Abdominal Ultrasound
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Chief Sonographer
Job ID: 5029
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Allied Health-Tech
Location: Winston SAlem, NC North CarolinaAllied Health-Tech, Medical, Healthcare11/19/2013Job Summary: Provides for effective and efficient operation of the Abdominal Ultrasound section of the Department of Radiology through the direction and control of the staff''''s activities, budgetary controls and other functions that contribute to the provision of age/developmentally...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Chief-Sonographer-5029.htm
Job Summary: Provides for effective and efficient operation of the Abdominal Ultrasound section of the Department of Radiology through the direction and control of the staff's activities, budgetary controls and other functions that contribute to the provision of age/developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with the standards of the Department of Radiology, the Division of Nursing and the NCBH Age-Specific Care Guidelines.
Education / Experience:
- Graduation from an AMA or CMA accredited educational program in diagnostic ultrasound
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Management, Business Administration or related sciences preferred
- Minimum five years experience as a Sonographer
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience preferred
Reports To: Clinical Manager, Radiology
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration:
- Valid registration by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography in Abdomen and Vascular Sonography or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Sonography (includes Abdomen and OB/GYN)
- ARDMS in Abdomen or Vascular, or ARRT in Sonography will be accepted with intent to acquire within one year of hire, whichever required certification is not currently possessed
- CPR certification
Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building. Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures. Participates in departmental in-service and educational offerings. Contributes to the overall quality of services.
Directs activities, functions and personnel in accordance with the professional guidelines, administrative policies and regulatory agency standards.
Plans, implements and evaluates clinical services, using formal systematic methods of problem solving when needed, to ensure optimal delivery of service and patient care.
Evaluates staffing needs, recruits and maintains appropriate staffing levels and competent personnel. Provides training, direction and counsel to enhance staff's professional growth.
Provides timely response to management directives relating to financial and capital budget. Assists in the preparation of salary, statistical, expense and capital budgets. Evaluates, reviews and controls supply and staff costs.
Develops and implements quality improvement systems for monitoring patient care. Communicates quality improvement activities, performance and objectives to staff. Evaluates, modifies and reports results and actions taken for improvement.
Contributes to team effort by fostering and demonstrating a spirit of cooperativeness. Assures individual performance is adjusted to meet team responsibilities.
Ensures customer service expectations of referring services, patients and families are met by developing and implementing strategies to enhance customer satisfaction. Appropriately addresses problems related to customer service with staff.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge. Acts as a resource for staff and other healthcare personnel when questions arise.
Ensures age/developmentally appropriate patient care is provided in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
- Management, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills necessary for problem assessment and solution
- General knowledge of business principles and practices
- Computer office application skills; e.g. Excel and Word
- Ability to provide effective and efficient planning, organizing, directing and controlling of departmental activities, budget implementation and patient care
- Must work well with a variety of personalities and professions
- Must be flexible to accommodate varying hours
- Must possess a leadership style that projects vision and self-confidence
- Ability to work in a fast paced and potentially stressful environment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.