Clinical Studies Coordinator | Int Med-Gerontology
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Clinical Studies Coordinator
Job ID: 7865
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Research AdministrativeWinston-Salem, NCResearch Administrative, Medical, Healthcare8/21/2014INTERNAL MEDICINE - GERONTOLOGY Part-time - 10 hours/weekSPRINT is a large multi-center trial (100 clinics across the US and Puerto Rico) for which Wake Forest School of Medicine is the Coordinating Center. The trial is entering its fourth year of follow-up and many of the participants...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Clinical-Studies-Coordinator-7865.htm
INTERNAL MEDICINE - GERONTOLOGY
Part-time - 10 hours/week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SPRINT is a large multi-center trial (100 clinics across the US and Puerto Rico) for which Wake Forest School of Medicine is the Coordinating Center. The trial is entering its fourth year of follow-up and many of the participants are now unable to attend in-clinic visits. The SPRINT CC conducts phone visits centrally for all 100 clinics, administering standardized cognitive tests and ascertaining any study-related outcomes. This position will be responsible for a portion of these study follow-up calls, completing and ensuring that all data is entered into the data system in a timely manner, uploading study forms to the SPRINT website, and communicating with clinics once the follow-up phone call is complete.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Please see generic description below
Last Revision: January 2014
Under general supervision, responsible for the compilation and collection of data, recruitment of subjects, and general coordination of clinical studies.
Bachelor's degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Experience in a medical and/or research setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered Record Administrator preferred
1. Assist principal investigator and other health professionals in troubleshooting various problems related to the management of the clinical study. Assist in all aspects of the data collection process.
2. Perform technical procedures on clinical subjects under the direction of the principal investigator or his/her designee.
3. Responsible for assisting with recruitment of patients for the clinical study including tracking the sources of patient referrals. Follow-up with sources of patient referrals including referring doctors, various Medical Center labs, and other sources.
4. Maintain appropriate patient records as necessary. This includes charting the condition of the patient and determining their continued eligibility in the study.
5. Obtain and interpret pertinent data from medical records as needed to better understand past and present condition of the patients.
6. Perform day-to-day administrative and clerical duties such as designing brochures, stationary and data forms. Create reports and graphs pertinent to the study including presentation of the final results of the study.
7. May supervise other personnel including volunteers as assigned.
8. Assist in development of suitable codes and data collection forms for computerization.
9. Consult and cooperate with all faculty, coordination centers, sponsors, and health professionals involved in the clinical study.
10. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Understanding of medical and/or scientific terminology as required
Good interpersonal skills.
Clean, well-lit, office environment
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.