Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Clinical Studies RN - Surgery Neurosurgery Clinic
Job ID: 6952
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare6/12/2014EXPERIENCED RN required.BSN preferred. NC RN Licensure required. BCLS required. Provide administrative direction to faculty regarding grant and/or contract submission. This includes preparation of applications, institutional requirements, and administrative processes. Assist faculty...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Clinical-Studies-RN---Surgery-Neurosurgery-Clinic-6952.htm
EXPERIENCED RN required.
NC RN Licensure required. BCLS required.
- Provide administrative direction to faculty regarding grant and/or contract submission. This includes preparation of applications, institutional requirements, and administrative processes.
- Assist faculty in obtaining and coordinating proposal components from various participants when multi investigator awards are submitted.
- Act as a liaison for the department to the Office of Research and extramural funding agencies and the Clinical Trials Office for grant applications.
- Help prepare ACUC, IRB, radiation safety, biosafety and other regulatory documents with investigators; review submission of protocols and grants sent to the Office of Research; monitor and advise faculty on regulatory changes; orient new researchers to the Department and WFUHS procedures.
- Ensure that all aspects of all studies are conducted in accordance to the applicable protocol and contract; ensure that all HIPAA regulations, compliance and regulatory requirements are met. Acquire timely information regarding HIPAA privacy and security guidelines. Analyze and determine the effect on the clinic activities and implement changes to maintain compliance with HIPAA and all other regulations, such as FDA, HHS, NIH, and OSHA. Participate in audits of cooperative groups and affiliates.
- Provide guidance and advice in the completion of initial and annual IRB approvals. Monitor the completion and approval of all IRB requests.
- Assist in protocol development activities, study operations, and closing of studies. Provide guidance to principal investigators in transitioning staff as funding begins/ends.
Establish working relations with other departments and organizations and assist in integration of studies when appropriate.
- Participate and support internal and external meetings and committees.
Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein inclusive of 24/7 call as determined by study protocol.
Job Summary: Specially trained and uniquely qualified to assist in the implementation of research protocols. Responsible for the safe delivery of nursing care for adult and/or pediatric patients. Provides direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). Responsible for data collection and/or collection of specimens as required for the implementation of approved protocols. May direct and supervise other assigned team members and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with standards of care.
Education / Experience: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. Minimum of one year nursing experience. Prefer BSN.
Reports To: As noted in Position Description.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: NC RN licensure required.
1. Plan and provide professional nursing care in accordance with education/experience, established policies and procedures and state licensure requirements.
2. Collaborate with physicians and other healthcare providers as required. May include planning development, budgeting, implementation, coordination, management and evaluation of patient care guidelines/protocols for clinical program and/or clinical research studies. May be required to assist with developing and implementing nursing care and policies /procedures for unit/area.
3. Participation in research studies, including patient recruitment, eligibility assessment, protocol implementation (medical/pharmaceutical), patient/family education, counseling interviews, performance of laboratory studies, collection of laboratory samples, and data collection and coding.
4. Participation in pharmaceutical regimens or implementation of treatment as prescribed by physician in accordance with clinical study. Providing education and support to patient/family as appropriate.
5. Participation in data collection, preparation in progress reports and quality control monitoring, analysis of data and writing of scientific papers. May assist in writing of scientific papers, and publication of articles, book chapters, etc.
6. Obtains authorization for insurance, reviews encounter forms, assists with medical coding provides general information and answers inquiries regarding the preauthorization process.
7. May help develop educational materials for patients, hospital staff and outside physicians? offices; organize transport of study materials as needed. Participate in educational events.
8. May provide supervision of nursing and/or nursing support staff.
9. Act as a liaison between health care providers, students, pharmaceutical companies, patients and/or community resources as needed.
10. Assist the Principal Investigator (PI) and/or other members of the research team to conduct, coordinate and evaluate the study. Maintaining Quality Assurance (QA) data on activities, including complications and outcomes of procedures/protocols. Provide data as required.
11. Maintain clinical and/or equipment inventory; clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
Skills and Qualifications:
Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and listening skills)
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Basic computer skills preferred
Flexibility with work schedule
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
May be exposed to infectious and contagious disease.
May be exposed to body fluids.
May be exposed to radiation hazards.
Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances.
Subject to many interruptions.
Subject to irregular hours.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center strives to provide best-in-class nursing care to our patients. To continue to provide such high quality services, meet internal targets and comply with ACCN Magnet requirements for a plan to increase BSN staff to 80% by 2020, WFBMC desires to employ nurses who have achieved, or will achieve, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. WFBMC will provide nurses who have earned an Associate Degree in Nursing a period of five (5) years from the date of hire to meet that educational requirement.