Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Community Physicians-Clinical Coordinator (RN) Westgate Peds
Job ID: 7347
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare7/12/2014This position is located in our Westgate Pediatric office. the job falls under the direction of the Lead Physician or Director of Clinical Operations, provides leadership and direction to Clinical Assistants by performing some or all of the following duties. Education/Experience:...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Community-Physicians-Clinical-Coordinator-(RN)-Westgate-Peds-7347.htm
This position is located in our Westgate Pediatric office. the job falls under the direction of the Lead Physician or Director of Clinical Operations, provides leadership and direction to Clinical Assistants by performing some or all of the following duties.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an accredited school of Registered Nursing, and/ and two years as a Clinical Assistant in a medical office setting with at least one year of supervisory experience.
Licensure/Registration/Certification: Current and unencumbered NC license to practice Registered Nursing. CPR Certification
1. Plans & implements developmental programs for clinical personnel within the scope of practice as defined by the NC Board of Nursing.
2. Serves as the clinical liaison between the practice and the Regional Director of Clinical Operations
3. Contributes to quality patient care by coordinating the training of all clinical staff on basic competencies.
4. Ensures a safe, professional, and compliant work environment (in accordance with the NC Board of Nursing) by implementing organizational policies and procedures; monitoring adherence to all regulatory bodies.
5. Implements clinical quality assurance programs by developing and enforcing goals and objectives; preparing monthly quality assurance reports.
6. Assures that effective feedback is delivered promptly to clinical staff by providing input on annual and probationary performance reviews.
7. Ensures adequate clinical coverage by coordinating staffing activities.
8. Maintains medical supply inventory by studying usage reports, identifying trends, and anticipating inventory requirements.
9. Coordinates immunization programs by collecting daily immunization records, compiling monthly reports, and ordering medication as needed.
10. Assists in providing general patient care by performing a variety of clinical functions as necessary.
11. Promotes communication and team work by acting as a liaison between clinical staff and Providers/Practice Managers.
12. Establishes a comforting environment for patients by behaving in a professional, courteous, and compassionate manner at all times.
13. Facilitates optimum treatment results by assisting Providers with examinations, diagnostic procedures and/or testing, and minor surgeries as qualified by license or certification.
14. Ensures a safe working environment for self and coworkers by following regulatory agency and organizational policies and procedures.
15. Provides triage services by responding to incoming medical calls; schedules and logs referrals and outside appointments to specialists; arranges for patient testing and hospital admission within licensure/certification.
16. Adheres to the general Aegis Family Health Centers standards to promote a cooperative working environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building.
17. Performs other leadership related duties as directed by the Lead Physician, Practice Manager ,and Director of Nursing and Clinical Operations
18. Participates in regular team meetings and continuous quality improvement activities.
19. Knowledge of care teams for coordination of patient care.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stooping, walking, stretching, and the ability to lift at least twenty (20) pounds. There is frequent exposure to communicable diseases, medical preparations, and toxic substances. Work is performed in an office environment and may require some weekend and holiday work. Work may be stressful at times.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Policy and procedure development
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.