Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Curriculum Mgmt Dev&Des Spec
Job ID: 7616
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare9/25/2014MEDICAL EDUCATION Full-time Regular, 40 hours/weekJOB SUMMARY:The Curriculum Management Development and Design Specialist will work collaboratively with educational leaders and faculty to oversee curricular mapping/tracking needs of the MD Curriculum, assure integration of topics, collect...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Curriculum-Mgmt-Dev---Des-Spec-7616.htm
Full-time Regular, 40 hours/week
JOB SUMMARY:The Curriculum Management Development and Design Specialist will work collaboratively with educational leaders and faculty to oversee curricular mapping/tracking needs of the MD Curriculum, assure integration of topics, collect curricular process and outcomes data and assist course directors in planning and implementing various course elements.
Additional duties of this position include providing course analyses and reports to educational leadership in order to facilitate decision-making and conducting literature reviews, as well as identifying relevant sources of information for curriculum development and design purposes.
- Oversee the WFSM Curriculum Management Team, the committee charged with oversight and quality control of the undergraduate medical school curriculum.
- Work collaboratively with educational leadership, clinicians and faculty to oversee curricular planning, mapping/tracking of the MD curriculum, assure longitudinal integration of content, and manage the collection of curricular process and outcomes data.
- Make recommendations to course directors in planning, designing, developing and implementing various course elements.
- Monitor and map the overall curriculum and course/topic/discipline-specific curriculum content to ensure achievement of institutional educational and objectives and ensure appropriate updating and refinement of these objectives as needed and with approval from the Curriculum Management administration.
- Perform ongoing curriculum analyses geared toward identifying gaps and implementing improvements, policies and procedures to ensure a comprehensive longitudinal medical curriculum.
- Lead in the management of educational protocol development, program evaluation concepts, application and standards.
- Develop component reviews and phase reviews of the curriculum for courses to review the previous years' outcomes and future plans in depth.
- Participate in ongoing and comprehensive reviews of the curriculum (both courses and clerkship components) in order to assess the longitudinal curriculum for items such as topic integration, service learning, interprofessional education, and student learning climate.
- Compare school-specific outcome data (i.e. USMLE score, graduate questionnaires, program director surveys, etc.) with national ratings in order to make recommendations for curricular changed based upon these comparisons.
- Manage the dissemination of curricular evaluation, assessment and other relevant study results through reports, publications and presentations.
- Make recommendations based on research findings pertaining to the WFSM undergraduate medical education curriculum for a range of target audiences, i.e. funders/potential funders, policymakers, and academics.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Academic Affairs
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Master's degree in Education or related field and three yearsof experience in an educational teaching environment, in curriculum development and design or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.