Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Dir Enterprise Svrs&Storage
Job ID: 6972
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare6/11/2014JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Enterprise Servers and Storage is the visionary and leader responsible forproviding secure, compliant, robust, reliable, scalable, and efficient solutions to the WFBMC Enterprise. The Director demonstrates innovation by creating new approaches to...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Dir-Enterprise-Svrs---Storage-6972.htm
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Enterprise Servers and Storage is the visionary and leader responsible forproviding secure, compliant, robust, reliable, scalable, and efficient solutions to the WFBMC Enterprise. The Director demonstrates innovation by creating new approaches to opportunities, by being an effective decision maker, and by uniting and utilizing the best talent. The incumbent is responsible for delivering and maintaining a cost-effective business continuityplan in support of the Medical Centersacademic, clinical and research missions. The Director will have Windows Server, Unix, Storage under their reporting structure, have total accountability for Data Center Management and DR Planning, and have a permanent seat on the Enterprise Change Management Board and when needed, the Wake One CAB. This position will report to the Associate Vice President of Infrastructure.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BS in Information Systems or related field of study is required. Master's Degree preferred.
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President Infrastructure
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: N/A
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Please list 10-12 accountabilities with no bullet points)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a global strategy for server engineering of the Windows, UNIX, Linux, Storage and Backup technologies.
- Responsible for delivering global IT infrastructure services to all areas of the organization as it relates to server engineering, storage, and backup and recovery. Responsibilities for this role include building a global technical services organization that will support enterprise systems, storage and backup and recovery infrastructure that promote continual service improvement functions.
- Responsible for driving system virtualization levels to a target of 95% or greater.
- Responsible for aligning IT services within the areas of Enterprise Systems Architecture, Systems Management, Capacity Management, Storage Management, Backup and Recovery are all aligned with the business requirements of WFBMC. These services should not only be aligned with the business but with industry best practices.
- Produce various Metrics and KPIs for all functional areas of responsibility. Metrics should include detailed usage statistics, Uptime SLA's, and data necessary for budget planning.
- Develop, Implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection.
- Oversee the development of the ITS Disaster Recovery Plan that meets audit and regulatory compliance requirements for Servers and Storage.
- Create a robust and agile Server and Storage Infrastructure Environment that can meet the growing business capacity and demands.
- Adheres to the established ITS enterprise methodologies, practices and procedures for documentation, project management, programming, configuration, change management, testing, deployment and system monitoring to promote accountability within ITS that cultivates a collaborative work environment with our customers and ensures delivery of agreed upon functionality.
- Improving ITS effectiveness and reliability through:
- Only programming, configuring or processing ITS approved work and referring new work or scope changes to the appropriate manager, project manager or project management team for review and analysis.
- Actively assessing risks and assisting in risk mitigation
- Completing assigned tasks/projects on time, on budget and in scope.
- Performing with accountability and responsibility for not performing or requesting any out of scope tasks.
- Performing with accountability and responsibility for keeping informed about changes in ITS policies, practices and procedures
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing a large-scale enterprise level server infrastructure team in a global environment delivering infrastructure services across business boundaries.
Significant knowledge of enterprise level server architecture and virtualization technologies; experience in a health care setting is a plus
Significant knowledge of Active Directory, VMWare, Exchange, Citrix, Storage, Backup and Recovery, Highly Available and Fault Tolerent Solutions meeting IT Security best practices.
Significant knowledge in creating Enterprise Server and Storage Strategies that meet the Business Capacity and Demand.
5 years or more of managing large scale infrastructure and business projects from a design and financial perspective
5 years or more managing highly technical teams to deliver top results.
Fast paced, long hours, ability to deliver results at times with little lead time, professionalism and leadership must are a must at all times.
Director Enterprise Servers&Storage
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.