Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Director of HR Business Partners
Job ID: 7456
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Professional / ManagementWinston-Salem, NCProfessional / Management, Medical, Healthcare7/24/2014This position is responsible for developing and directing the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Human Resources Business Partners. Provide leadership and expertise for a variety of HR functions, including but not limited to, employee relations, staffing, manager coaching and...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Director-HR-Business-Partners-7456.htm
This position is responsible for developing and directing the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Human Resources Business Partners. Provide leadership and expertise for a variety of HR functions, including but not limited to, employee relations, staffing, manager coaching and consultation, and training and performance management. Implement and coordinate change initiatives to support enhanced HR effectiveness and ensure appropriate delivery of HR services and compliance with all aspects of laws pertaining to the workplace. The Director will work closely with other HR Directors and Organization Leaders to develop and deliver value-added and efficient service that reflects the objectives of the organization. The position will maintain a lead role in monitoring employee/management relationships throughout the health system and creating programs and services to promote positive employee relations. Investigate and resolve complaints; mediate workplace conflicts; provide management advice and support to Medical Center supervisors; respond to regulatory complaints alleging violations of labor and equal employment opportunity laws; administer employee appeal procedures; participate in the development of Medical Center personnel policies and procedures; track and report appropriate metrics, and supervise HR Business Partners.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration, personnel management, or a closely related field.
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Ten years of experience in human resources management, with at least 3 years of supervisory/management experience performing employee relations work, or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Responsible and sound decision maker
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to motivate teams
- Able to facilitate and lead change efficiently and effectively.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to compose policies and procedures in accordance with employment laws.
- Exceptional communication skills on all levels: listening, verbal, written, and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to drive a project from process development through documentation and successful implementation
- Strong flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Exemplify the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments. Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees.
2. Demonstrate leadership in the areas of:
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
- Continuous quality improvement
- Institutional support and representation
- Customer service
3. Provide managerial direction and support to the Human Resources Business Partners.
4. Collaborate with HR colleagues to assess the effectiveness of HR services and build solid Business Partner strategies and processes that support the organization.
5. Provide coaching and counseling to HRBPs and leadership on a broad array of HR and employee relations issues based on an understanding of the organization, industry practices, and labor market considerations.
6. Ensure that HR business partner practices are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, company standards and values.
7. Collaborate with HRBPs and customers across the organization to ensure that there is a consistent approach to resolving issues and alignment in seeking a common solution.
8. Drive a culture of inclusion, performance, results and positive employee relations
9. Maintain primary responsibility for management of medical center employee relations policies and procedures.
10. Develop and write effective employee relation policies and procedures in accordance with applicable employment laws using a proactive, preventative problem solving approach to resolving issues and preventing grievances. Create and maintain program goals, objectives, and courses of action to ensure managers are educated on proper protocols and procedures.
11. Develop, implement, and administer programs to promote a positive work environment for medical center employees and positive relationships between managers and non-management employees.
12. Effectively oversee all employment charges and grievances. Responsible for formulating and coordinating the employer's position in lawsuits, hearings, and charges related to employment practices. Work with medical center and outside labor attorneys on employment issues and serve as a company representative in arbitration and legal proceedings as needed.
13. Investigate problems such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. According to circumstances, provides appropriate guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental leadership.
14. Develop and present the operating budget for the HRBP Department and, upon final budget approval, ensure that all department functions operate within appropriated amounts.
15. Represent or oversee representation in all matters pertaining to equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance, EEO charges, and suit actions.
16. Evaluate or review evaluations of performance on all employees of the department; effectively recommends hiring, promotion, termination, and disciplinary actions of all assigned personnel.
17. Represent Human Resources on various medical center committees and working groups.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.