Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Staff Nurse PRN - Emergency Room
Job ID: 7687
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Category: Nursing-ClinicalWinston-Salem, NCNursing-Clinical, Medical, Healthcare8/11/2014Current NC RN Licensure. BCLS, ACLS requiredCandidate must be a highly motivated team player with excellent critical thinking abilities. Candidate must also be able to work in a fast paced environment caring for our patients while maintaining a compassionate attitude at all times.To...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/ED-Staff-Nurse-P-T-Emergency-Room-7687.htm
PRN RN Needed for Emergency Department
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Emergency Department is a Level 1 Trauma Center with 100,000 visits per year. We are the Referral Center for the area.
View our website to learn about our recognitions:
- Nationally Ranked as America's Best Hospitals
- Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- Magnet Nurse Award
- Best Doctors in America
As a nurse with our ED Team, you are provided a comprehensive 12 week orientation to all sections: Acute Care, Fast Track, Clinical Decision Unit and Pediatrics. Each nurse is supported by a primary preceptorship and mentorship. Our acuity is very high and our environment fast paced, intense and changing. Your nursing experience is enhanced through a diversified experience caring for trauma, medical, surgical, injuries and illnesses across the life-span. We maintain a 4:1 nurse ratio and emphasize our team collaboration with our emergency colleagues, residents and physicians. Our nurses ability to provide excellent care is assisted with an Emergency Department Pharmacy staffed with a Pharmacist 24/7 and a Emergency Department Radiology Suite.
Our team consists of more than 30 board-certified emergency physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, experienced emergency nurses, sexual assault nurse examiners, forensic nurse examiners, social workers, case managers and other specially trained staff.
Our nurses are supported with internal mentoring from dedicated charge nurses and team leaders. This provides leadership training from our management team offering growth to those nurses pursing a leadership track. Management team for the Adult and Pediatric ED consists of Two Nurse Managers, Two Assistant Nurse Managers and a Clinical Educator. Our nurses are actively engaged through our robust Shared Goverance team; cross training for pediatric emergency department for those interested; Educational opportunities with ENA Standards Modules; and collaborative work in an academic medical center.
Recognizing our diverse environment, we over flexible schedules and a $5.00/hour differential. Our shifts are typically 12 hours; and include 7-7; 11:30-11:30 and 3:30-3:30. In some cases we offer a combination of 8-hour and 12-hour and 10-hour. During the interview you will be asked about your preferences to determine what may work well to complement our team and your work-life balance. ?
Candidate must be a highly motivated team player with excellent critical thinking abilities. Candidate must also be able to work in a fast paced environment caring for our patients while maintaining a compassionate attitude at all times.
Job Summary: Provides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). The staff nurse directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
Education / Experience: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: RN licensure in NC. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required within one year in select areas. “Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned;waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.”
1. Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient/family centered care focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
3. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
4. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
5. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
6. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively
Amount of time spent performing the following activities
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Subject to highly stressful and crowded conditions
Moderate noise environment
Required to wear PPE
Handles emergency or crisis situations
Subject to many interruptions
Handles absentee replacement on short notice
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center strives to provide best-in-class nursing care to our patients. To continue to provide such high quality services, meet internal targets and comply with ACCN Magnet requirements for a plan to increase BSN staff to 80% by 2020, WFBMC desires to employ nurses who have achieved, or will achieve, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. WFBMC will provide nurses who have earned an Associate Degree in Nursing a period of five (5) years from the date of hire to meet that educational requirement.