Environmental Svcs Team Leader | 810410 EVS 13
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Environmental Svcs Team Leader
Job ID: 7805
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: ServiceWinston-Salem, NCService, Medical, Healthcare8/15/2014North CarolinaBaptist HospitalJob DescriptionDept. Name:HousekeepingDept. No.:862Job Title:Team LeaderJob Code:399Reports To:SupervisorFSLAStatus:Non-ExemptVice President:Karen HueyJob Summary:Serves Patients by:Cleaning and sanitizing assigned areas; protecting building surfaces,...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Environmental-Svcs-Team-Leader-7805.htm
North CarolinaBaptist Hospital
Serves Patients by:
Cleaning and sanitizing assigned areas; protecting building surfaces, fixtures and furnishings; following-up on work assignments in absence of Supervisor.
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in custodial work and/or supervision.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to operate various floor machines and housekeeping equipment.
- Leadership capabilities.
- Attention to details.
- Friendly, helpful and caring attitude.
- Willingness to work around patients who have various illnesses and communicable diseases.
Effective Date of Original:
- Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Following hospital policies and procedures.
- Following departmental policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the overall quality of services.
- Assuming responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures.
- Maintains Building Interiors by:
- Dusting and sanitizing furniture, equipment, mirrors and fixtures.
- Washing windows, walls, ceilings, vents and light fixtures.
- Sweeping, scrubbing and refinishing floors.
- Vacuuming and shampooing carpet.
- Changing cubicle curtains and drapes.
- Re-supplying restrooms.
- Replacing light bulbs.
- Reporting repairs.
- Removes Waste by:
- Emptying trash containers.
- Changing sharps containers.
- Transporting solid waste to compactors.
- Baling Cardboard.
- Recycling material.
- Cleaning / emptying cigarette receptacles / smoking areas.
- Keeps Cleaning Equipment Operational by:
- Following operational instructions.
- Cleaning equipment after each use.
- Notifying Equipment Technician of repairs needed.
- Verifying equipment is safe to use.
- Provides Quality Services by:
- Documenting cleaning actions.
- Noting areas requiring additional care or monitoring.
- Informing Supervisor of incomplete work.
- Communicating between shifts.
- Meeting Departmental Quality Standards.
- Maintains Technical Knowledge and Ensures Cost Containment by:
- Attending training as scheduled.
- Readinglabels and technical updates.
- Complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Using chemicals and supplies.
- Mixing and diluting chemicals.
- Maintaining equipment.
- Performs Non-Management Duties in Absence of Supervisorby:
- Inspecting and releasing cleaned rooms to Admissions.
- Stocking and distributing cleaning supplies.
- Completing project work as assigned.
- Conducting routine follow-up custodial training.
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
Reaching with arms
Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
20 lbs. maximum
50 lbs. maximum
100 lbs. maximum
Environmental Services Team Leader
- Must have ability to stand on feet for eight (8) hours.
- Constant bending, stopping and reaching.
- Clean, well lit and comfortable environment.
- Medium Noise Level.
- Environment can be crowded.
- Work with toxic waste/chemicals.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 pounds and up to 75 pounds on a periodic basis.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.