Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Advanced Practitioner NP/PA Orthopaedic ED Consult/ Inpt
Job ID: 21794
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Physician and Faculty
Location: Bermuda Run, NC North CarolinaPhysician and Faculty, Medical, Healthcare2/22/2017Advanced Practitioner - PA Orthopaedics Consults in the ED and on the inpatient unitsAugment a physician''s ability to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; independently...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Faculty/Advanced-Practitioner-NP-PA-Orthopaedic-ED-Consult-Inpt-21794.htm
Advanced Practitioner - PA Orthopaedics
Consults in the ED and on the inpatient units
Augment a physician's ability to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; independently participate in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of the individual authority granted by the North Carolina State Board of Medical Examiners.
This classification is distinguished from the other two physician assistant classifications by its emphasis on either providing managed patient care on the floor (intern replacements), assisting with surgeries, or acting as resident replacement. In either case a higher level of decision making and responsibility is required on a daily basis.
1. Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and tentative conclusions for review by physician.
2. Assist in office-based procedures and may on occasion assist in surgery; provide pre- and post-operative care.
3. Coordinate and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
4. Carry out patient care services under indirect physician supervision such as wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the patient's progress, and consult with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
5. Plan and schedule work for the physician's health team ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space, and facilities for subsequent performance of assigned duties.
6. Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
7. Assist in teaching students, residents, and interns in complex techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
8. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
2. Approved as physician assistant by the State of North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners.
3. One year of experience in particular medical speciality or three years of similar level work as a physician assistant.
4. Ability to perform complex patient diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Current American Heart Assoc BLS
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Experience beyond the minimum qualifications.
Important:This application entry point to our Careers Home, allows only one document to be uploaded initially in support of this application. You may load multiple documents once you can see and enter the My Career Tools menu choice.
To reduce the navigation steps involved you may choose to consolidate requested documents into a single file. As an example, Biomedical Engineering applicants are requested to submit a single document file when applying that includes: 1) cover letter, 2) research statement, 3) teaching statement, 4) CV and 5) any supporting communications or publications at the end. Items #2 and #3 should be 1-3 pages in length and single or double spaced.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Office of Physician and Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.