Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Advanced Practitioner NP/PA Cardiology
Job ID: 24319
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Physician and Faculty
Location: Winston-Salem, NC North CarolinaPhysician and Faculty, Medical, Healthcare8/5/2017Advanced Provider Position within Heart and Vascular to focus on Cardiology operations at ambulatory outreach site. Full time 40 hours week Monday- Firday Provider will provide patient care in autonomous, coverage and efficiency model. Highest quality and customer service for all...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Faculty/Advanced-Practitioner-NP/PA-Cardiology-24319.htm
Advanced Provider Position within Heart and Vascular to focus on Cardiology operations at ambulatory outreach site.
- Full time 40 hours week Monday- Firday
- Provider will provide patient care in autonomous, coverage and efficiency model.
- Highest quality and customer service for all stakeholders required.
- Team oriented
- previous cardiology experience highly preferred.
- 2 year of PA/NP experience required.
- Current American Graduation from an accredited NP/PA Program
- Licensed by the NC Board of Nursing or NC Medical Board of Examiners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Heart Assoc. BLS and ACLS
FUNCTION OF JOB
Augment a physician's ability to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac or cancer procedures; independently participate in the delivery of direct cardiac or cancer patient care within the scope of the individual authority granted by the North Carolina State Board of Medical Examiners.
This classification is distinguished from the other two physician assistant classifications by its emphasis on either providing managed patient care on the floor (intern replacements), assisting with surgeries, or acting as resident replacement . In either case the patients are considered to be critically ill, therefore a higher level of decision making and responsibility is required on a daily basis.
1. Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and tentative conclusions for review by physician.
2. Coordinate and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
3 Carry out patient care services under indirect physician supervision such as wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the patient's progress, and consult with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
4 Plan and schedule work for the physician's health team ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of assigned duties.
5 Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.