Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Advanced Practitioner NP/PA Hem/Onc ( Marrow transplant service)
Job ID: 23301
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Physician and Faculty
Location: Winston-Salem, NC North CarolinaPhysician and Faculty, Medical, Healthcare5/24/2017JOB DESCRIPTIONMARROW (BMT) TRANSPLANT SERVICEPhysician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner; prefer at least 1 year''s experience in Oncology andpreferably Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Prefer skills in performing bone marrow aspirates and biopsies and lumbar punctures. Rotating...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Faculty/Advanced-Practitioner-NP/PA-Hem/Onc-(-Marrow-transplant-service)-23301.htm
MARROW (BMT) TRANSPLANT SERVICE
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner; prefer at least 1 year's experience in Oncology and
preferably Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation.
- Prefer skills in performing bone marrow aspirates and biopsies and lumbar punctures.
- Rotating position between inpatient and outpatient.
- Inpatient Responsibilities (under the supervision of the Attending on the Bone Marrow Transplant Service):
- Admission histories and physicals and orders in rotation with the Fellow on the Bone Marrow Transplant Service.
- Daily notes and orders on patients for which there is primary responsibility.
- Discharge Planning
- Types of patients assigned based on level of knowledge, experience and understanding
- Chemotherapy patients
- Neutropenic fever patients
- Autologous transplant patients
- Related allogeneic transplant patients
- Unrelated allogeneic transplant patients, etc.
- Crosscover of Fellow patients when Fellow is in clinic.
- Perform bone marrow aspirate and biopsies; lumbar punctures with or without intrathecal chemical therapy
- Outpatient Responsibilities (under the supervision of the Attending Physicians on the Bone Marrow Transplant Service in Clinic):
- Evaluate patients with the Transplant Attending Physician in clinic on any given day (return patients, new patients, walk-in patients) with primary emphasis on patients who are in some stage of hematopoietic transplantation
- Receive and manage telephone calls from telephone triage on Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) patients.
- Work-up donors for the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)
- Deal with issues as they relate to the donor of the NMDP
- Assist with other patients assigned to the Transplant Attending Physicians as time allows
- Procedures - Bone Marrow, Lumbar Punctures
- Dictate notes
- Place orders in centricity
- Be available to the clinic nurse to answer questions and resolve problems
- Other responsibilities / functions
- Assist with bone marrow harvests
- Participate in Transplant, Hematology and Oncology Conferences as time allows
- Participate in care of the patients on clinical research trials related to hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Current American Graduation from an accredited NP/PA Program
- Licensed by the NC Board of Nursing or NC Medical Board of Examiners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Heart Assoc. BLS and ACLS
Important:This application entry point to our Careers Home, allows only one document to be uploaded initially in support of this application. You may load multiple documents once you can see and enter the My Career Tools menu choice.
To reduce the navigation steps involved you may choose to consolidate requested documents into a single file. As an example, Biomedical Engineering applicants are requested to submit a single document file when applying that includes: 1) cover letter, 2) research statement, 3) teaching statement, 4) CV and 5) any supporting communications or publications at the end. Items #2 and #3 should be 1-3 pages in length and single or double spaced.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Office of Physician and Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.