Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: Clinical Informatics - Translational Science Institute
Job ID: 5880
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Physician and FacultyWinston-Salem, NCPhysician and Faculty, Medical, Healthcare2/3/2014Clinical InformaticsTranslational Science Institute The Wake Forest Translational Science Institute (TSI) is seeking a Clinical Informatics faculty member to join our team. This position will be commensurate with experience.Successful applicants will possess the following characteristics:...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Faculty/Clinical-Informatics---Translational-Science-Institute-5880.htm
Translational Science Institute
The Wake Forest Translational Science Institute (TSI) is seeking a Clinical Informatics faculty member to join our team. This position will be commensurate with experience.
Successful applicants will possess the following characteristics:
- MD or PhD
- Two plus years experience in Biomedical Informatics or Clinical Informatics
- Extramural funding, a plus
The ideal candidate will be able to conduct research on novel methods and applications for clinical informatics and collaborate with investigators at Wake Forest to provide clinical informatics expertise. The incumbent will be expected to use a team-based approach in collaborating with and supporting existing investigative teams to improve capacity to use complex data sets to answer research questions. This includes working with the Center for Innovation and Health System Transformation. The position will also be integrated with hospital operations as the institution has a focused effort in improving informatics capabilities present through recent PCORI grants and other efforts to strengthen health services research in comparative effectiveness. The candidate will have the option for multiple appointments including their home appointment and cross appointments in different departments.
Additionally, the individual will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Research/develop/apply computational tools or approaches for expanding the use of biomedical, medical and health data.
- Write and collaborate on peer-reviewed grants to support new projects and manuscript preparation to publish finding from ongoing projects.
- Teach biomedical informatics to translational scientists
- Identify opportunities to integrate across disparate datasets to create new synergies.
- Independently perform investigation in biomedical informatics that is clinically-applied or methodological in nature.
- Assume responsibility for direct reports as needed including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff.
- Keep abreast of relevant literature and serve as resource in area of specialized expertise; develop and maintain outside visibility; participate in national/international biomedical informatics societies and councils.
The TSI is a part of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a top tier research institution located in Winston-Salem, NC.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to achieving diversity among its faculty and staff. Qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply online at: http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Faculty/Current-Opportunities.htmand enter Job ID #5880.
If you have questions, please contact Jill Harrell, WFBH recruiter at: email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Office of Physician and Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.