NP/PA Orthopedic Spine Center | Surgery Orthopedics
Job Title: NP/PA Orthopedic Spine Center
Job ID: 4353
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: FAC
- Serve as an advanced practitioner including direct patient care, assessment, documentation, treatment intervention and patient/family education and support in accordance with education/experience, established policies and procedures, and state licensing requirements.
- Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and tentative conclusions for review by the physician.
- Work collaboratively with surgeons, nursing, and the members of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery to improve patient throughput in the patient care system; identify opportunities to improve services and participate in improvement efforts.
- Carry out patient care services under indirect physician supervision such as wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the patient's progress, and consult with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
- Facilitate and support clinical outcome measures as appropriate and facilitate long term follow-up of patients.
- Participate with the patient care team in patient follow-up to the unit and identify improvement opportunities in the care continuum. Coordinate the perioperative care for patients.
- Assist in teaching students, residents, and interns in complex techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision. Provide direction and guidance to support personnel.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from an accredited nurse practitioner program or PA program.
- Licensed as nurse practitioner or PA by the State of North Carolina
- One year of experience as a nurse practitioner or previous experience in orthopaedic surgery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience beyond the minimum qualifications
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Office of Physician and Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.