Wake Forest Baptist Health
Job Title: NP/PA-DownTown Health Plaza
Job ID: 2571
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Category: Physician and Faculty
Location: Winston Salem, NC North CarolinaPhysician and Faculty, Medical, Healthcare5/9/2013Physician Assistant II / Nurse Practitioner – Downtown Heath PlazaAugment a physician's ability to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; independently...http://www.wakehealth.edu/HR/Faculty/Physician-Assistant-II-2571.htm
Physician Assistant II / Nurse Practitioner, Downtown Heath Plaza
Augment the ability of physicians to provide patient care services by independently and interdependently scheduling, supervising, and/or conducting complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; independently participate in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of individual authority granted by the North Carolina State Board of Medical Examiners (and Board of Nursing if NP).
1. Perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and service for quality patient care; record data and tentative conclusions for review by the physician.
2. Coordinate and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
3. Carry out patient care services under indirect physician supervision such as wound suturing and dressing changes; monitor progress of patients, maintain a record of the patient's progress, and consult with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
4. Plan and schedule work for the physician's team ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of assigned duties.
5. Participate in clinical research and quality improvement projects conducted by supervising physicians.
6. Assist in teaching students, residents and interns in complex techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
7. Adhere to the WFBH ambulatory standards
8. With the expansion of clinic hours and services, evening / weekend work schedules may be available and / or required.
9. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program or nurse practitioner program.
2. Approved as physician assistant / nurse practitioner by the State of North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners.
3. One year of experience as a PA / NP or previous experience in the particular medical specialty.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-7580. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact the Office of Physician and Faculty Recruitment by phone (336) 716-7580 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.